Tips on living in Norway

My name is Robyn.  My husband, who is a Norwegian citizen, and I are wanting to move to norway this summer.  Either the Stavanger or Kristiansand area.  I speak very little Norwegian but am learning. We also have a 4 year old son.  I'm in college to be a teacher and my husband has several degrees. He is currently searching for employment. Any tips on living in Norway would be helpful as i have never been there.

Hi Robyn,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Norway forum as it may help you to receive more specific and constructive responses from the members.

Your request is not really clear here, what kind of tips are you looking for please? in which sector your husband would like to work ?

Thank you for enlightening us so that we can guide you in a better way,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Dear Sir/Madam

I am an Indian citizen. I have an opportunity to migrate to Norway through the company sponsorship program. Company will provide all the necessary documentation and other government formalities. Do you guide and help which place will be best to stay without highly populated, polluted and trouble free. Name the cities and the cost of living also.
Expecting your reply to [email protected]

With regards
A.THAMBARANATHAN

Have either of you checked out the threads already here in this forum? Many of them cover basic questions of housing, cost of living, schools, transport etc. it is a good place to start for information.

Nathaji: you talk about low population and pollution as a concern. Are you at all aware of what this country is like? It is huge and very sparsely populated. Might be worth checking out the basic statistics on the country first.