Singaporean in shanghai

Hi,I am a singaporean here in shanghai for about a week. Shanghai changed quite a lot compare to the previous 2 -3 visits in 1999 and 2008. Does anyone know of any church service, one can attend. Preferably near the local metro station. Thank you.

Looks like most has gone for qin ming. It seems quieter. The metro here reminds of the subway I took 10 years ago. The city looks entirely different compare to the first time I live here.

Hey man, Keith here, a long time residence in Kunshan which is a bullet train stop away from Shanghai. 

I do know of a private Church service group for foreigners.  An indonesian friend of mine attends quite regularly.  PM me if you are interested?

@ KeithNg77 > Maybe you could give the name of that church here on the forum, it will be very much appreciated. Who knows, maybe some other members will seek this kind of information later. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla

Priscilla wrote:

@ KeithNg77 > Maybe you could give the name of that church here on the forum, it will be very much appreciated. Who knows, maybe some other members will seek this kind of information later. ;)

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hey Priscilla,

I've thought about what you said actually.  But as the service is a private one conducted in people's houses, I'm not sure if they want to broadcast this on a public forum.  I thought its better to run through each name with them first and make really sure that the attendees are really interested.

I've attended one of their services before and it's completely legit.  THe only reason I'm not doing so regularly is because I am in a whole different town altogether.

Anyway, let me know if you are interested?

KEITH

Hello Keith,

Oh thank you for giving out this information, ok no problem, i understand that they don't want their name on a public forum.  :idontagree:

Thank you for this proposal but i am a member of the Expat.com team and i am not found in Shanghai in fact.

Have a nice day,

Priscilla  :cheers:

Hi Keith, thanks. I happen to know another friend who is station in Shanghai for work. He has given me the information and I had went for the service. I had wanted to go to the other one at hongqiao area but was too busy.  PM me if anyone wants to know the church. I was a bit surprise that there are some restriction for non foreigner for the service. In conclusion,It was a exciting trip and the weather is relatively good at around 15°c. The city has developed much beyond my expectation and this is a fairly exciting trip. The transport network especially the metro is good. Taxi charges at night are farily inexpensive unlike back home. Labour cost is probably the answer to that.

tefshanghai.org/ghai.org/owship.com/

Most are near a metro (or involve just a short taxi ride). SCF & AGIF have Saturday night services as well. Then all of them have a Sunday service (all at varying times).