Current requirements to get all of my paper work started

Hi I am new to the forum and would like to introduce myself.

I am single  and originally from southern Calif. But moved to Nevada, to escape state taxes, when I took early retirement, the company I worked for was being moved out of state and I chose not to move with them.

I worked in aerospace manufacturing for over 40 years and hold mutable degrees in Mechanical Engineering. I also was a Adjunt Professor for 10 years at a college in So Cal. 

Time for a change. I have looked at both CR and Ecuador, and Ecuador looks like good the best choice.

My interests include food, cooking, fishing, hiking, reading and always learning something new.

I plan on relocating at the end of this year and would like to start getting all of my paper work started now. I have looked at several sites and each one gives different requirements.

Can anyone let me know what the current requirements are?
I will have a income from SS of about $1,700.00 per month and would like to find a nice 2 bedroom house or apartment located in a safe area of Cuenca.

I almost forgot internet is a must so I can email and Skype with my two kids, son and daughter, both of which are grown.

Thanks John

YOU PASS THE INCOME REQUIREMENT.

mugtech

Thanks for the reply.

In regards to the required paper work and after looking at many sites it looks like I will need the following:

Notorized copy of my birth cert.( born in Calif)

Letter from SS as to my income

Criminal Report from Nevada( where I live)

Copies of the front page (picture page) of my passport.

Pass port photo's

THe big question I have is do I get the above paper work apostilled her in Nevada or do I have to have it done by the fed govt

Thanks

John

All documents must be notartized AND apostilled. (as I understand it)

This is a problem when it comes to the Social Security proof of income, as federal documents cannot be apostilled by state government offices.

If married, marriage license notarized and apostilled.

Also, the notarized and apostilled police report must be acquired and submitted for visa application within 90 days of issuance. So that's a very limited time window.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the social security letter not being aposilled by a state government then how do you have it aposilled?

John

chiming in re documents:  the apostille has to be done in the same state where the document comes from - if the birth certificate is from Ca - it must be apostilled in CA...
Photocopies of the passports/ and the pages with visa must be notarized; the criminal background check must be apostilled as well
Any document.. such as SSI has to be not only notarized and apostilled but u have to go to the local consulate to have them approve the income document... small fee..( may be a good idea to have all your documents with you to have them check and see if everything is in order...? ) / I have just filed my papers.. via an attorney..

Thanks for chiming in.

The question still remains how do I get the SSI document aposilled.

Also if you don't mind what attorney did you use and what was the cost?

John

Hi, John

I am not sure what u mean when u say HOW.. u apostille it in the same state where the document is issued.. u notarize it first in the same state, then apostille it... simply do a search where to apositlle in xx state.. for two people it cost me $1500.. the name.. i would prefer to let you know via more private means of communication.. Is it Ca apostille u are looking for?

Olga

Olga

Sorry I got you confused with gardener1 who indicated that a state government could not apostle a fed doc .

Also thanks for the other info. As I get my paper work together I will send you my email.

John

John-

Olga is incorrect.

The state government cannot apostille the Social Security Letter of Income. Many of us are struggling with this issue and the SS office is unused to requests for apostillization, and so is often unhelpful to citizens seeking this documentation.

So far in this forum, only Howard Focal has managed to get his SS information apostilled, and it was a multi-step task requiring extra forms and a notarization from a Social Security administrator, and then the whole mess of paperwork sent off to the Department of State.

Quite a daunting process.

.. I see... well.. i met someone in USA who said the criminal background check must be FBI check... my attorney said it is not necessary... so i simply did a search for websites that do criminal background check, paid my 60 buks...notarized and apostilled... documents have been accepted..  ( amazingly traffic violations - a speeding ticket.. a :) texting ticket...we listed on criminal background check !! ... so i went to a different website.. and zero items were found.. i used that one )

.. Could be... my daughter receives SSI for disability.. but she also has other income... so i got a letter from the bank stating that she receives the regular deposit in a certain amount for the last xxx years ... that letter was notarized and apostilled... and approved by the E'n consulate.  Everyone's case is individual.. could this approach work for SSI paperwork??  - Thank you for pointing it out... important to get everything done correctly .. last thing one wants is to run into any issues..