Best Wifi for home use and best 3G/4G service for cell phone

Hi guys,

I will be moving to Riyadh in a few days time and obviously one of the most important things for me would be to stay connected with my family her in Pakistan.

I would therefore like to have decent/fast internet access at all times for Skype etc. Can someone suggest the best wifi service provider in Riyadh (one with least issues and fast network). I would also like to know about the best cellular internet available there and the approximate cost of each in SAR please.

I have heard good things about Zain but then there are various opinions. I am hence confused.

All help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

The better signal indeed depends on the location. Pricing may vary with the speed as well.  If you need Wifi on the move, you should use 3G or 4G, and you can visit their website: stc.com.sa, mobily.com.sa.

If you need at home internet connection, DSL for STC and eLife fro Mobily.  Currently we are using eLife in our home.  We are very satisfied so far.

I advise you to visit their websites for more information and current promotions.

I hope this can help you.

Regards,
TrippleJ

Thanks TrippleJ but I am really confused. I have started a new thread for some answers and will appreciate if you could help me.

3G/4G router comes with a SIM ?

Can the SIM be used separately for internet access or does the router have to be physically present at all time. Will I need to separately subscribe for data packages ?

Can my family and me both use the wifi at the same time if I am outside and my family at home ?

Sorry to be ignorant but this facility is not available to us in our country. Thanks in advance for your help

Hi,

I've seen your other thread. The guy who answered your question is totally correct. I would suggest to you the 3G, because this already established since a long time ago, and the speed quite the same with 4G - this is based on my experience by the way.

Thanks TrippleJ.

What if I want internet connectivity outside home and inside home at the same time. What is the best way to go about this ?. Do I need 2 separate connections ?. What according to you would be the most convenient and economical way to go about this. ?

Thanks bro for your help

Guys let me know if a 3G SIM works with a 4g Router ?.

I don't think there should be a problem but please let me know.

Thanks