So you think daveo is a great city

I have been going to Phil for years, some of you must have forgot how violence and goverment goes hand in hand in daveo. Political parties killing each other. Prices have gone crazy due to speculators. Bad enough paying higher prices because of skin color.but greed always takes over no matter where you go. Phil is still a third world country it will be 100 years before it reaches any decent standard and that is only if the government is not corrupt anymore. When I see real estate prices higher then us, Canada, England, Scotland and other countries considered to be the standard in living conditions I know there is a bubble. It will burst and a lot will be left holding the bag. Just a comment wasn't meant to offend anyone..good luck to all of you

If it is a good place to live I promise you won't see comments about it. They don't want it ruined and I don't blame them

i presume you are referring to davao city?   not sure what your point is  but whatever happens in davao probably happens all over the country

Yep I agree, probably the number one reason I won't retire in Phil.The goverment corruption. The people of Phil are some of the nicest in the world, kind caring folk, family values second to none, many people in this world could learn buy them in that area.

Davao is the 4th safest city in the world read here http://betterphils.blogspot.com/2013/08 … afest.html

Visit the place and experience before you will say any negative comment. Criminals are not happy to live in Davao because they would be shot dead but if you are not a law violator then Davao is the best...

Anyway I am not Anti foreigner but guys if foreigners think Philippines is not Good.. then its a blessing in disguise for the country. Its already so disgusting that many of those old men use their money to tease the young ladies to be their sex toys and maid at the same time. Let them think what they think about the Philippines. The Country is highly populated anyway.. we dont need more social responsibility...  its enough to have locals...

and all over the world, my friend.

Nowhere is immune from all problems that exist in human societies.

Humans are basically predator animals and hopefully the majority of us have risen above that and evolved, but there remain the dregs of society that prey on normal, decent people who just want to live peacefully and comfortably.

Corruption among politicians, law-enforcers is worldwide as is abuse of children by pedophile priests. The least that we ordinary people should expect is that people in positions of power use that power kindly and wisely for the benefit of those without such power.

Slight exaggeration but all in all you are on the right track. Yes there will probably be a bubble as in the USA. Davao is no more violent or safe than any other city in the Philippines. One thing for sure is traffic is getting worse.

I have only been there in Davao 3 times but loved it and the friendly People wide clean streets great shopping , and many things to do and go , if i had seen it before i settled in Northern Samar , I would of now been Living there ... maybe one day !!! and seemed so safe even other Foreigners Living there , said, keep it quiet we don't want it spoiled

Yes, Davao is better than any cities in the Philippines.  Location wise, you can easily access Samal Island if you want white sand beach, you have a peaceful city and plenty of options for shopping, you have Mount Apo if you want trekking.  The Mayor is known for hunting down drug pushers, in general Bad Men.
Davao is a good and a happy place. Just be with the right persons and location.

Yes thank you reminding me about Davao  I am back in Australia for awhile , But will Visit there again later this year , some other places are too polluted , I have also been to Mt Oppo and love shopping in Davao

Yes! It is considered as the safest city in the Philippines.

Interesting, you said that you have coming to Phil for years and then proceed to tell how terrible it is.  Apparently, you keep returning because you enjoy the misery!  I am an American enjoying life here for many years.  The positives far outweigh the negatives.

Prince, I would like to remind you that there are good and bad foreigners as well as good and bad pinoy.  Sometimes there is an attempt to charge me more because of my white face, I simply refuse to pay it.  I could give other examples, but there is no point.

a good source of info on the country at large is http://expatslifeinthephilippines.com as well as http://yourlifeinthephilippines.com  pretty much every topic is covered there about many places in the Country

Hi my name is Ian I dont know where you have been living in Davao but here in Mintal its very peaceful I have been here for a year now and have never heard from the locals about killings by gangs apart from the kidnapping in Samal island which do not come under Davao also prices here are a fraction of the cost in the UK again where do you get this negative stuff from my Partner has lived in Davao for over 30 years and never had problems

Hi I have lived in Davao for almost one year and have never had a problem I have been out late at night and have never been approached so nobody is hiding anything Davao city this city is now rated as one of the safest cities in the World

Hi Denison I live in Davao with my Partner who by the way is most likely old enough to be your Mother so not all ex pats look for young Girls ok

Deca 2015

Are there Canadian expats in Mintal area?

prince_denison wrote:

Davao is the 4th safest city in the world read here http://betterphils.blogspot.com/2013/08 … afest.html

Visit the place and experience before you will say any negative comment. Criminals are not happy to live in Davao because they would be shot dead but if you are not a law violator then Davao is the best...

Anyway I am not Anti foreigner but guys if foreigners think Philippines is not Good.. then its a blessing in disguise for the country. Its already so disgusting that many of those old men use their money to tease the young ladies to be their sex toys and maid at the same time. Let them think what they think about the Philippines. The Country is highly populated anyway.. we dont need more social responsibility...  its enough to have locals...

prince_denison

from your statement: " Its already so disgusting that many of those old men use their money to tease the young ladies to be their sex toys and maid at the same time."

Lots of Filipino men and politicians are doing that too. You only notice the foreigners because they're visible minority in the area. Look around and start your statistics as to how many politicians collect as you say "toys". At least a lot of these old foreigners have huge respect to their filipina wives..

Yes there are one is vice chairman of our Group and yes I do think Davao is a great city to live compared to other places I have lived in The Philippines

Yes but some if the wives do not have the same respect for their Husbands already U know of a Filipina who because her husband would not give into her financial demands made a false claim to the police that her husband had beaten her , after they had investigated it was clear she had lied as there were no marks or bruises on her

Well it looks like the corruption side of things is being addressed by the new president to not come here because of corruption is like shooting yourself in the foot change is happening here at long last

4th safest city in the World hahaha Good entertainment. How do I join this alternate reality?

Thanks ZEKOSLAV.  Maybe others will take the time to see the reality.

I am quite partial to Cagayan de Oro though.

Subdoc wrote:

I have been going to Phil for years, some of you must have forgot how violence and goverment goes hand in hand in daveo. Political parties killing each other. Prices have gone crazy due to speculators. Bad enough paying higher prices because of skin color.but greed always takes over no matter where you go. Phil is still a third world country it will be 100 years before it reaches any decent standard and that is only if the government is not corrupt anymore. When I see real estate prices higher then us, Canada, England, Scotland and other countries considered to be the standard in living conditions I know there is a bubble. It will burst and a lot will be left holding the bag. Just a comment wasn't meant to offend anyone..good luck to all of you

1. Really? You've been here or just assuming it based on what you read or mostly  because of speculations also from  those who haven't been here and just referring it to hearsay or the over exaggerated news presented by the biased medias? Which is which? Live here in Davao most of my life. Lived in Shenzhen China for 8 years and as they say, there's no place like home so I am back here in Davao.

2. Political parties killing? Are you referring to issues like what happened to the Parojinogs? PLEASE RESEARCH as you might discover the REAL reason why that gruesome act happened and just because it's martial law here doesn't mean to say you have to take the meaning of the word as it is. I don't know if I will get insulted, annoyed or just laugh out loud. Better the latter. Hahaha! I find it funny that most of those who are reacting when the President imposed martial law in Mindanao because there is a war going on someplace here, are those who actually DON'T LIVE HERE. Why? We LOCALS are not affected because we know it's for our pwn good, so WHY should YOU BE?

3. I have to agree about prices going crazy especially the real estate. I am also one of those who don't agree about this just because many investors are coming since Davao is one of the peaceful places to live in the country. It's gone baloney and I will not argue with you about this. Instead of attracting investors it's discouraging them.

I am not offended as you're just stating your opinion although I have to correct some of it to state the FACT. To each his own as they say, but then it's also good if you hear it from the LOCALS who actually live here and not assume anything by hearsay, or FAKE NEWS. VERIFYING is still good than ASSUMING.  it's also better if you experience it first hand before assuming so you won't look STUPID. Aw, sorry for my straightforward honesty. :)

Hi everyone,

@ charlettev, please note that the initial post is from 2014 and subdoc has not connected since.

We recommend members to participate on recent threads so that their input might be read and answered.

Closing this old thread,
All the best
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed