Finding work

Been checking for any hotel receptionist, housekeeping supervisor as well as sales positions in the Sihanoukville area. Haven' t seen any of those positions advertised on those sites I have visited. It' s been twelve days now since I got here in Sihanoukville. Perhaps, it' s still too early yet but then, there are hundreds of hotels here. It shouldn' t be difficult finding a position in the hospitality industry or, is it?

kit777 wrote:

Been checking for any hotel receptionist, housekeeping supervisor as well as sales positions in the Sihanoukville area. Haven' t seen any of those positions advertised on those sites I have visited. It' s been twelve days now since I got here in Sihanoukville. Perhaps, it' s still too early yet but then, there are hundreds of hotels here. It shouldn' t be difficult finding a position in the hospitality industry or, is it?

It is not that easy. You may have to go around the hotels and ask if they have positions for expat staff. The thing is that this work can be done by a local at low pay rates so unless you want to work for next to nothing you will find it difficult to find employment.

Have you checked out the expat hang out areas to meet with someone who may put you on track.

I did not think of checking out the expat hang out areas and thanks for mentioning it, I will do that now.

My luck in finding work here seems a bit daunting at the moment but I' ll keep trying. Circumstances do change and a rainbow of hope will appear eventually. :)