Which country do you think will carry the world cup?

opinions..

Which cup? FIFA 2014 at Brazil?
OR
ICC T20 Cricket World cup playing in Bangladesh? :/

If it is football world cup, I think that either Spain or Brazil will win it.

mal wrote:

OR

Mal, India and Sri Lanka might be going to play the final............ICC T20

Edmundo González wrote:

If it is football world cup, I think that either Spain or Brazil will win it.

This time it would be surprise like Italy,England,Portugal or may be any South American countries but not Brazil and Spain ....and even France  no chance....

aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

OR

Then OK Anil, whoever the winner will be, you and I can celebrate it! Because when your country wins, you get happy and when your happy-me too happy!!! :D

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

OR

Then OK Anil, whoever the winner will be, you and I can celebrate it! Because when your country wins, you get happy and when your happy-me too happy!!! :D

I am a Sri Lankan - so I wish Sri Lanka will win the ICC T20 World Cup.
But I studied from Indian teachers in my school - so if India wins it also I will be happy.

Best wishes to both Sri Lanka and India, and to the other two semi-finalists as well, South Africa and the West Indies. You are all winners.

I have always been a fan of South American football, so I will be rooting for Brazil at the FIFA World Cup.

Honestly, I do not think that Italy is nowadays good enough as to win a world cup. The same happens with Portugal and England. With regard to south american countries, Chile has got a very good level now as well as Argentina. We'll see.

Regards
Edmundo

mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:
mal wrote:

OR

Thats the spirit of a true being ...whoever is winner we are going to celebrate..........

Edmundo González wrote:

Honestly, I do not think that Italy is nowadays good enough as to win a world cup. The same happens with Portugal and England. With regard to south american countries, Chile has got a very good level now as well as Argentina. We'll see.

Regards
Edmundo

You might be right but you know football is a game of ninety minutes and whichever team will play like do or die in that ninety minutes....but i personally feel this time its a surprise for all............

Farhaz wrote:
mal wrote:
aryavrat wrote:

I am a Sri Lankan - so I wish Sri Lanka will win the ICC T20 World Cup.
But I studied from Indian teachers in my school - so if India wins it also I will be happy.

Best wishes to both Sri Lanka and India, and to the other two semi-finalists as well, South Africa and the West Indies. You are all winners.

You are right for me all the four teams are our own team...so whichever will win is ours...........

I don't know which country will win the World Cup, but one thing is absolutely certain, Brazil isn't going to win any prizes for putting on a "world class" event.

Despite having 7 years to prepare EVERYTHING (as always) has been left to the very last moment. Many of the stadiums aren't ready yet. In São Paulo Itaquerão, which is supposed to host the opening ceremonies isn't ready, work has been partially stopped by Civil Defense authorities due to another fatal accident last week and because of no less than 26 "irregularities" in construction standards. Authorities are now saying it is unsafe.

Hotels that were supposed to be built in Rio won't be ready in time for the World Cup. Fully 75% of the transportation projects nationwide that were proposed for the Cup are either woefully behind schedule or have been cancelled entirely.

In Manaus, the ONLY thing that is ready is the stadium. In other cities airports aren't completed and many have no transportation links to the cities which will host games.

If anyone remembers the 2007 Pan American Games, where workers were rushing to put finishing touches on venues for sports events as spectators were already filing in, some were beginning to crumble although newly built and others were deemed unfit for any further use following the games... well Brazilian authorities didn't learn anything from that fiasco and this time around is going to be ten times worse.

Prices, they've just gone through the roof. Expect to be overcharged for EVERYTHING you can imagine, just because you're a foreigner. That's commonplace here in Brazil.

Public security??? Well just forget about it altogether, just make sure you have your life insurance policy premiums up-to-date, your loved ones will thank you.

Cheers,
William James Woodward, Expat-blog Experts Team

Thanks Sir for updating, it might be useful for them, who is planning to visit.........but personally i believe nothing will happen to anyone because the main happening of that time will be FOOTBALL......

Regards,
Anil

That's not what all the criminals in Brazil have planned! They have their eyes on all the foreigners that are going to be here!

Football or soccer?

Who ever wins, let's all enjoy the world cup, won't we.

I can't talk about cricket as that is not played in my country, so I do not really know the rules. I definetely know that when I was working in London, some office mates used to take me to see cricket matches and, honestly, I got very bored. Probably because I do not understand the game.

By the way!!!, what is it like living in Luanda. What do you do up there?.

Cricket is boring and dull . Why can't India support and encourage some really better and interesting sport like Football.  :sosad::mad:

Do you follow sports?.
Isn't there football in India?
To make your day, I'd like to say that you look very pretty!!!.
Best regards

Taani wrote:

Cricket is boring and dull . Why can't India support and encourage some really better and interesting sport like Football.  :sosad::mad:

The shorter T20 version is very fast and exciting.
Cricket is a game of strategy and gamesmanship. It gets interesting when you try to read and follow what goes on in the minds of the various players.

But I agree, a country the size of India can certainly invest in so many other sports as well. I know football (or soccer as some call it) is quite popular in India. As is field hockey.

Edmundo González wrote:

:lol:

Another statement I have to agree to  :top:

For all the people who think India doesn't have any interest in Football.......please check news that India is going to organise Indian Super League for football like IPL....may be the first edition will be in this year and FIFA is taking lot of interest in development of football in India because you will not get such crowd anywhere in the world for any sports.......

Well Tani cricket might be boring for you or anyone else but you don't know in India Pakistan Sri Lanka Bangladesh its another religion........

Regards,
Anil

Edmundo González wrote:

Who ever wins, let's all enjoy the world cup, won't we.

I can't talk about cricket as that is not played in my country, so I do not really know the rules. I definetely know that when I was working in London, some office mates used to take me to see cricket matches and, honestly, I got very bored. Probably because I do not understand the game.

By the way!!!, what is it like living in Luanda. What do you do up there?.

Well came here to work for a company but now i am fired from the company and planning to move from here....
Luanda boys and girls are interested in football,basketball ......night life....roller sketing is like culture, you can see the kids and youths in each and every where with their roller skets...........

Regards,
Anil

Farhaz basically i hate cricket , and this new trend of IPL 120 is some nonsense, foolish way of wasting national economy.

Do you follow sports?.
Isn't there football in India?
Best regards

Edmundo people here are too involved in cricket to take interest in football, yet there are many who genuinely like football ( i have many friends ) but this game is still ignored here because of lack of support from govt. Hahaha and thanks for the compliment :P

Well Farhaz and Mal congratulations your team is going to play final with mine on Sunday.....Sri Lanka vs India
Whoever wins, now we are the true winner..........

Regards,
Anil

All the best to me and you Anil! :D

Thanks to both of us................ :D

That's one tournament done. Sri Lanka have picked that trophy up.

Now for the football ... or soccer as some call it. :)

Farhaz wrote:

That's one tournament done. Sri Lanka have picked that trophy up.

Now for the football ... or soccer as some call it. :)

Yes you are right me you and mal have hijacked the topic of football into cricket but its not our fault also it was going on that time and he didn't mentioned the game so it happened but now.........we will follow the football

Share your expat experience and get in touch with other members

OR