New to Mauritius

Hi all,

I'm a 34 year old Irish guy who has just moved to Mauritius. Stumbled across this site and signed up. Looking to make new friends on the island.

I'm into hitting the beach, out door activities, hitting the gym and keeping fit. Like to be social and go to bars and clubs also.

Any expats or Mauritians interested in hanging out?

Hi there and welcome. I hope you're settling in well. Do you have any previous experience of the Island? I'm from Dublin and have family here. Also very into the active life; gym, football, beach etc. I see you're in Flac en Flac so not too far to meet up. Bon nuit.

Hi Wandlewed,

Im settling in ok, getting to know the various parts of the island and what each area has to offer.

What part of Dublin are you from? Are you close to Flic en Flac?

Hi IrishInMu, I'm from Raheny. Are you from Dublin? Staying mostly in the Vacoas/ Phoenix area; about 20 minutes drive on the new road. It's good to look around the island, it's very different despite its relatively small size. WandleWed.

I'm from Mullingar which is in the Midlands. My office isn't far from Phoenix, im in cyber city. So what do you do for fun in Mauritius?

The usual I suppose, beach, swimming etc. I'll send you my mobile number and we can have a chat if you like?

if anybody interested in Hiking, we have a big ground going quite often.
Cheers

Hello IrishinMU

I'm also working in Cybercity, would be great to meet up for a chat. I'm originally form Cornwall in the UK, so we are Celtic Cousins. Also a big Rugby fan/player. Look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards
Eric

HI,

Im Pravesh and Im a Mauritian. Well, as for hiking and outdoor activities like fishing and the like, Im a big fan. I am self employed in the real estate sector in Mauritius. Well, it would be gr8 to meet up and plan something good like a hiking expedition on Piton de la Petite Riviere Noire for instance or even going down to an islet.

Drop me a word if you want to go.

Cheers,

Pravesh

Hi Parvesh,

Thanks for replying to my post. Definitely be interested in doing some out door activities. Do you have anything planned in the next few weeks?

Stephen

Hi Stephen,
It would be gr8 to go the next few weeks as I have nothing planned.
It ouwld be fun if we had a team.
Kindly drop me a word on the dates.
Pravesh

OK
let me know when you go for hiking.
i might try that..
regards
suresh

Hi Folks,

Nice to see the Irish moving in.  I'm a Dub myself living in the North.  Hope you settle in ok.  If you need any help just shout.

Steph.

A fellow Irish man here chaps moving to Trou d'Eau Douce next month. Would be great to connect and maybe meet up sometime. I am originally from Derry, but have been living in England for 15 years. Wife is Mauritian, so we moving to be closer to her family.

Hello, please do let me know of any hiking trips. I'm not yet on the island but will be soon and hiking is a big passion for both my husband and me  :)

Hello

I'm Clitie and would like to join your hiking group.   

Grateful if you would call me on my mobile - 57259226 or email me on: [email protected].

Looking forward to your feedback.

Cheers

Hi Steph,

Hope your well? I posted this ad on here a few weeks ago but got completely snowed under with work and haven't had a chance to get out and do much.

Would be good to meet up for a coffee and a chat with another Irish ex pat if your around one evening or weekend?

Stephen