Rent in al-kharj in riyadh (KSA)

i have got a job in a university in al-kharj with monthly salary of rs. 140,000 (including everything).wld like to know the rent of a one room apartment in indian rupees so that i can decide whether to move or not. people have told me not to go if accomodation is not being provided as it is too expensive. please help

Accomodation in Al Kharj is cheap compared to Riyadh (about half!!)  I would suggest for a 2 bedroom unfurnised apartment, you would pay approximately 27,000rs pm or 1,600 sar..

Good luck..

Hi,

Would be working at this University -  http://www.sau.edu.sa/?.

I assume that initially the University would provide acco till you can find a place to stay?.

Rent shouldn't be that high at Al Kharj

Regards

Vijith.

hi tony, thanx for the information provided by you. could you also tell me if living as a single female is as simple and easy in saudi as in india and other western nations.

thnax. do u know abt this university. is it good or fake one. if u know anything plz let me know. though i have been checking on the internet daily. also i would like to know if the saudi consulate and the ministry of saudi arabia charge 1200 per document to verify the documents.

tinajaipur wrote:

hi tony, thanx for the information provided by you. could you also tell me if living as a single female is as simple and easy in saudi as in india and other western nations.

Living in Saudi as a single woman, especially if not provided compound accommodation, will unfortunately not be good!  However, I am a male and live off compound, and I am fine with it, but I have the freedom to go where I want when I want and have the freedom to drive there too.

I think living off compound would be too restrictive.

This is only my opinion, from my limited experience out here.  Please try and get first hand female experience before you take my information as gospel!!

Best of luck.

Tony

tinajaipur wrote:

thnax. do u know abt this university. is it good or fake one. if u know anything plz let me know. though i have been checking on the internet daily. also i would like to know if the saudi consulate and the ministry of saudi arabia charge 1200 per document to verify the documents.

DO NOT make payments for anything up front to anyone!!

Have you physically spoken to anyone from the university?  I don't want to dampen your excitement, but make sure this facility is real and any communication written or verbal, contains correct and verifiable details, there are some unscrupulous people out there who are just out to make a few riyals!!

Good luck

Tony

ok thanx

hi

I also have a Job offer from this university. I am supposed to join there in the month of august.

I do not know about the life of a hindu female in saudi arab. I am asking for my wife as she will also stay with me there.
Kindly share if you have some more information about the problems which a hindu female can feel in saudi arab.

Mukesh

Hi Mukesh,
Life in Saudi/Riyadh hasn't got many options for entertainment. Saudi Arabia is a good place for South Asians to live longer and save some money (less expensive than other GCC countries). The only thing you have to keep in mind that females have to cover themselves with black cloak, no temples, no alcohol and cinemas. Rest assured, there's nothing to worry about Saudi Arabia

Hi mukesh,

Iam from hyderabad and iam staying in a hotel right now. Iam on visit visa. Applied for a employment visa this will take some. Even iam looking for a family accommodation in riyadh.

Where are you from?