Palermo

Is the palermo condo totally anti pet or is it up to each owner when renting?  Does anyone know of condos that don't totally exclude pets?  My resident visa should be ready in a few weeks and I will be coming back to Cuenca to find a place for my wife and our 2 cats and any leads will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Howard

Hello Howard,

As far as I know only owners can have pets on Palermo. And I know they have been some issues about this matter.

Condos in general are becoming more restrictive about pets, Cats are more easy than dogs (they don't bark) but restrictions apply for all kind of pets.

You can check on La Glorieta (Fernando de Aragon and 1o de Mayo) or in 4 rios (1o de Mayo and Av de las Americas) about pets.

Vinny

We lived at La Glorieta on our two month visit.  They don't allow any pets.  I hear that 4 rivers does but not sure.

Palermo does not allow pets. Any kind, any size. This right is only for owners. (I have been living in Palermo) I was told there is guy (real estate agent) who lies about it, get the deposit and then make people leave (because of the pets)
The condo is nice, has great amenities, services and has great location.
They has a website Palermo Building

I've heard of guys like that.  That's why I always demand to see a copy of a condo's association rules before going any further.

Too bad though because the Palermo looks like a nice place.

I'll be coming to Cuenca soon on my second visit to look for a similar place that does allow cats.  If anyone on the forum knows of buildings that don't totally prohibit pets I'd love to hear from you.

I know about other place. Is a very very nice area, little cooler than Cuenca downtown, but for the tranquilty, I think it worth it.
Check some pics here:
Cuenca Apts For rent
I know the landlord, he is super nice guy.

Thanks for the lead.  I put it on my list of places to check.