Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa

Though the ROP website doesn't state any wait period, many of the companies tell there employees about 6 month wait period. Based on the position and the company, it can be anytime after your spouse has received his resident card.

There has been divergent views on required documents too. Hence it is better to seek advise from the sponsor company or its authorised PRO.

For the benefit of all let me reproduce what is stated in ROP website :

FAMILY JOINING & FAMILY RESIDENCE VISA

The family Joining Visa is granted to the wife of the foreigner, who is resident in Oman, and as well to his children who are below (21) years. It is also granted to the foreign wife of an Omani national at his request, and subject to a certificate from the concerned authority (Ministry of Interior) confirming the status of the marriage.

The family Visa is granted by the concerned authority at its discretion, and at the request of a local sponsor and on his responsibility, to the relatives of the Omani national and the relatives of the foreigner who are not included in the categories eligible for Family Joining Visa. The Visa shall be as follows:

Valid for use: Within six months from the date of issuance.

Validity: Two years from the date of stamping the visa in the passport.

Fees: 20 Omani Riyals.

Fines for late renewal or non-registration of the residence permit is (50) fifty Omani Riyals per month.

Conditions:

The sponsor must be a local one with full legal capacity, and he is held responsible for the truth of the information stated in the application form.

For the employee's children: Their age must not be above 21 calendar years.
(Note: Their residence permit expires when they reach this age)

Brothers and sisters must not be above 18 years. A document confirming that they have no family provider outside Oman must be presented.

The family visa expires when the employee's residence permit expires.

Required enclosures:

Submitting the electronic application form available through the website, to be endorsed and stamped by the sponsor, and to be typed in Arabic for Arab nationals and in English for Non-Arab nationals, enclosing the following documents:

Two photographs size (4X6) cm.

Copy of the foreigner's passport, provided it is valid for a period not less than six months.

Copy of the passport of the foreign resident who wants his family to join him, and a copy of his residence card.

The standard undertaking form specified for the family joining visa applications. The undertaking form must endorsed by the sponsor and his foreign resident employee. Exemptions apply for those below (15) fifteen years.

A proof of the family relationship must be enclosed, unless the names and passport details indicate the relationship between the foreign resident and the person who will join him.

For the spouse, an original conformed copy of the marriage certificate must be enclosed. The document must be endorsed by her country's embassy and the Omani Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Copy of the specimen signature of the authorised signatories issued by the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, as for the personal sponsorships, a copy of the personal identity card must be enclosed for signature verification.

In case the application is presented by someone other than the sponsor, the representative must be Omani and holding a written authorisation issued from the Directorate General of Passport & Residence as per the sponsor's request.

A medical fitness certificate issued for citizens of some countries specified as follows by the Ministry of Health (India, Pakistan, Philippines, Bangladesh, Indonesia, Sri Lanka, Egypt, Syria, Sudan, Ethiopia); certificate must be endorsed by the Ministry of Health.

If the visa application is requested for the foreign wife of an Omani national, a certificate from the Ministry of Interior confirming the status of the marriage must be presented.

Best Wishes

It is possible to apply visa in probation period

Yes , it is .

Hi All
My wife is in family joining visa with my previous company and i already change my company to new one,
now i need to change my wife visa also to under new company name. what is the procedure and what is the document required for it. please advice me

Thanks All

Upulvk wrote:

Hi All
My wife is in family joining visa with my previous company and i already change my company to new one,
now i need to change my wife visa also to under new company name. what is the procedure and what is the document required for it. please advice me

Thanks All

Hi Upulvk,

Speak to your new company's PRO, and he will tell you what exactly is required to transfer your wife's visa. It is best you check with him and no body else, since it is he who has to do all the required government liaising for you.

What about bank statement I have to wait 3 months couz of bank statement???

What is rules to get family joining visa in oman

Just scroll through this thread ...you should get whatever you have asked for .

Thanks

Sir I am from India  working as a grafic   designer,and my salary is 250 OR , can I get family  visa in oman

Not likely . Either your salary should ve > 600 OMR or your employer must take written responsibility .

Thanks

hi,

family visa can be granted for total salary of 600 omr or more.

so sorry i dont think family visa can be granted for you.

Dear All,

Need your help.. we are planning to bring my step daughter here in oman. is it possible to apply a family joining visa for my  step daughter? Currently my wife's visa is on working visa.  Pls. Help me. Thanks a lot.

I guess it should be possible, as long as as you show your relation to your daughter.
I dont know exactly what kind of documents would require for that, but you can confirm with your company pro.

My husband company said he can't apply for family visa before 3 months I want to know if he get visit visa for me for 3 months after getting family visa can I enter in Oman on same day or after weak

There is no such 3 month rule .
Since this is a rule imposed by your Hubby's employers , you should check with them .

He is on probation period but after getting family visa I have to wait to go back or I can go on same day or after weak

The Visa will have a start date . That is the date you can be in the country .

I mean is this possible if I am on visit visa and I get family visa can I re enter on same day or after week

Hai I am a graffic  designer and my salary  is 250 OMR , my wife and daughter  in kerala and my daughter  have no passport  .so how to she get passport  from india, because  currently I am in oman.can I get visiting visa.?

for your daughter's passport, it has to be applied in the same way we all get our passport. fill the form on government's website, go to passport office, let the police verification and all the process get finished, and then she can get her passport. or you or your wife can apply for emergency/express (i dont know the exact term) passport for which a gazzated officer, collector can recommend and you can get her passport in 5-7 days.
another source is the indian embassy, muscat. you can go there and ask them if you can apply form here, but i think that would not be possible as for passport the person has be present in front of the passport officer.

Hai I am working  in oman , and my salary  is 250 OMR, so can I get visiting visa  for my wife and daughter? And how much is validity  for visiting  visa?

Hi,

i guess you can get family visit visa as your company sponsors it. the duration of the visa will be for 3 months, and validity is for 6 months. so your wife and your daughter can live with you for about 3 months.

it all depends upon your company PRO/ Sponsor. best if you talk to them

how much is the rate of visiting visa?my daughter have one and half year old so how much is here visa rate.

family visa fees is 20 riyals. so i guess total would be 40 riyals for you.

Hai I have one doubt that is ,in oman some job category  can get visiting  visa ,like doctors,engineers,business  person etc, I am a graffic  designer   so can I get visiting  visa?

Do you man visit visa for UAE or any other GCC country? for yourself?

For me .I am in oman

Is it compulsory for an Expact with Engineer as a resident card, need 3-6 months bank statement .
is it mandatory ?? can1 month bank statement do ? to get family visa.

2nd Question: if at all is it compulsory(3-6 months bank statement ), can we get Visit visa, without bank statement?

New_Indian wrote:

Is it compulsory for an Expact with Engineer as a resident card, need 3-6 months bank statement .
is it mandatory ?? can1 month bank statement do ? to get family visa.

2nd Question: if at all is it compulsory(3-6 months bank statement ), can we get Visit visa, without bank statement?

you can apply for tourist VISA unsponsored (no need for a sponsor) on this link below
https://evisa.rop.gov.om/voa
OR
you can ask your sponsor to start applying a visit VISA for them, also you can find details here
http://rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_visas_relativevisit.asp
OR
read detail of Express VISA below
http://rop.gov.om/english/dg_pr_visas_express.asp
have a nice day

1) Bank Statements - 3 or 6 months required.
That is from company they should give for you just give him bank statement

2) Attestation of Marriage Certificate (for spouse) & kid's birth certificate - for where I have to Attest?
From Indian Embassy  then Ministry of External affair
3) Attestation  of  kid's birth certificate is required or not?
What age of kids ?

4) House Agreement Copy - Is it must document?
Not required

5) Salary 600 OMR - Is it basic or total minimum salary?
Yes

6) GAMCA medical test is require for my kid's also?
What age ?

Can anyone plz tell me that after my visit visa end can my husband apply for family joining visa  immediately or he have to wait 3 months to apply family joining visa

Hinak wrote:

Can anyone plz tell me that after my visit visa end can my husband apply for family joining visa  immediately or he have to wait 3 months to apply family joining visa

Hi Hinak,

Just today, there's a front-page news in a local English daily.

Check the link below :

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.p … 58#3027265

Hi,
          iam staying in oman from october 2015 on employment visa, my company mentioned R.O 500 basic and after probation R.O 600 with family status. recently i completed my probation period. my only question is when can i apply for family joining visa, because in my bank statement from november month i got salary R.O 500, from march my salary will be R.O 600, so can i apply for family visa in march please clarify, my company HR is saying i need to wait another 6months to get family visa..if possible can i get my family here on visit visa for 3+1 months here after completing visit visa, how many months should i wait for applying family joining visa.. please clarify..

Hi,
I was on a Visit Visa in Oman from 4-9-2015 to  2-Jan-2016. Now My Husband is willing to get me on a Visit Visa.  What is the maximum Gap between Two Visit Visa as per Law.  Please let us Know.

And also My Husband has joined a New company last week. Is it necessary for him to complete 6 months term To raise a Visit visa for his Wife?

krishnasatish wrote:

Hi,
          iam staying in oman from october 2015 on employment visa, my company mentioned R.O 500 basic and after probation R.O 600 with family status. recently i completed my probation period. my only question is when can i apply for family joining visa, because in my bank statement from november month i got salary R.O 500, from march my salary will be R.O 600, so can i apply for family visa in march please clarify, my company HR is saying i need to wait another 6months to get family visa..if possible can i get my family here on visit visa for 3+1 months here after completing visit visa, how many months should i wait for applying family joining visa.. please clarify..

Hi krishnasatish,

You have no other option but to listen to what your company is officially advising you on the family joining scene. Nobody else can be of any help or assistance to you on this matter.

So if they have told you to wait for 6-months, then you have to wait for 6-months.

Whether you can bring your family over on a visit visa or not is also something only your company can decide. In any case, to bring your family over, you would need your company to sponsor them. So if company decides (for whatever reason) not to oblige, then you cannot bring your family over. But usually, if you are eligible for family status, then the compnay would not have any issues in sponsoring their visit visas.

Please read the numerous other posts available on the forum, on similar subject matters please. You would be befitted.

kouserly wrote:

Hi,
I was on a Visit Visa in Oman from 4-9-2015 to  2-Jan-2016. Now My Husband is willing to get me on a Visit Visa.  What is the maximum Gap between Two Visit Visa as per Law.  Please let us Know.

And also My Husband has joined a New company last week. Is it necessary for him to complete 6 months term To raise a Visit visa for his Wife?

Hi kouserly,

Before posting your queries, why don't you take sometime to read the many different posts on your same subject ??

What you have asked has been answered in detail, in this very page.

Hello,

Can anybody advise me regarding a particular problem.

I recently changed my job and came in a new employer visa.I had sent my family earlier back to my hometown without cancelling their visa because as per my old pro the family visa gets automatically cancelled once the employment visa got cancelled.But unfortunately it has not happened so.

How do i get their visa to cancel.Do i need to contact my old company for the same.Now since their visa is valid till early next year ,can i bring them over until that period and change over after that.

Thanks,

VIPIN123 wrote:

Hello,

Can anybody advise me regarding a particular problem.

I recently changed my job and came in a new employer visa.I had sent my family earlier back to my hometown without cancelling their visa because as per my old pro the family visa gets automatically cancelled once the employment visa got cancelled.But unfortunately it has not happened so.

How do i get their visa to cancel.Do i need to contact my old company for the same.Now since their visa is valid till early next year ,can i bring them over until that period and change over after that.

Thanks,

Hi VIPIN123,

You must first get hold of your old PRO and tell him to sort out the mess that he has created for you - whether inadvertently, or otherwise.

As long as your family's visa is valid, you can certainly bring them over to the Sultanate. On expiry, you can arrange for their new family joining visa through your new sponsor / company.

Also, only the sponsor / company whose name is mentioned as the sponsor in the existing visa can get the visa cancelled.

Dear All,

Can anyone get me more information on current year/period regarding Formalities & Rules for Family Joining Visa.

I have below query too:
1.    I do not have my wife name in my Passport, but my wife passport contain my name. Do I need to add her name in my Passport?
2.    How to Endorse Marriage Certificate. I have the Original with me now.

I'am planning to bring her in July 2nd week.

Please guide.

Regards
Kishore

Hello Everybody,

1) If anyone can help me out to provide information about the attestation of Marriage Certificate & Birth Certificate. We need to attest these documents from Pakistan first then to Oman Pakistan Embassy and Ministry of Foreign Affairs? or Else just bring the documents here and attest from the embassies in Oman?

2) About Medical Test Report is required now or not, Is it required for both my wife and 8 month old daughter ?