Art Supply Stores in Merida-Where can I find one or two?

Hi Everyone on the forum! My husband and I just bought a home between Chelem and Chuburna in the Yucatan and I want to add some special touches to it. I am looking for a store where I can purchase small amounts of various color paints, in order to paint some murals on my exterior walls. I went to Sherman Williams and they had a very limited color selections. Home Depot the same. So I used to go to Michaels in the state and get 6-8 oz bottles or even our local Ace Hardware. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Jtinkey,
Welcome to this end of the planet. I know there is a small art supply store in the plaza in Campeche, so perhaps there is a similar store in your area. In Merida there is a super wal-mart and super Cheduari.
. I will caution you that paint doesn't last long at all. It starts to chip quickly and fall off due to the humidity and heat. If I were you I would keep it simple and mix my own colors instead of going for the master piece. I'm touching up about every two months here. Perhaps a canvas would be better than a mural.  Good luck.

If you need more help you might try.
Alma Mexicana Folk Artmore info‎
Calle 54 No. 476 Col. Centro Historico Mexico, CP
Villa Magna, 97000 Merida, Yucatan
01 999 286 7316

Hi travelight! Thank you for the information. Yes, my plan is to mix things myself and keep the designs simple. We just bought our place in January and there are 2 walls of custom murals of the ocean (one under cover and the other in full sun) and the one in the sun is just flaking like crazy! Of course, it doesn't help that the walls were never sealed/primed before painting. Or that the opposite side is the outside of our compound (facing north) and never even painted or anything. You just have to wonder sometimes . . . Thanks again!  Julie T

You might find that priming and painting won't make a lot of difference  especially on the one wall. The entry wall  here was painted again in December and one wall is chipping and flaking. 2 accent walls in another room had to be touched up twice with a heavy brush full of paint before they stopped flaking. Even so I expect to have to repaint in the next 6 months.The kitchen was sealed, but doesn't look like it any more, and it is shedding. Painting here is not like the U.S. at all.
Oh by the way, I checked with the Home Depot here and it is apparently different than the one you visited because they have over 1000 colors .