Spouse Green Card Visa - Denmark

My husband is currently a green card holder and will be applying for my visa as well.
1. Will it help my case if I renew my passport with my husband's name added to it? (We do have marriage certificate)
2. I will be applying from India. Hubby is in Denmark. - Are there any of you out there who have done it before and what is your experience as to how much time it takes?

Hi,

Did you apply for the spouse visa yet? I am in the same boat. My husband is in Denmark on green card as well and I am, will be applying for the dependent visa. although I am renewing my passport with addition of my husbands name on it.
what was the procedure that you followed? may be we can do some findings together.

Thanks,
Bhumika

Rather then applying just visitor visa, better apply for family re-union visa and you will get 5 year residence permit and permanent stay after 5 year ( Depend on your Danish test and other requirements ).They may give you 6 month visa from India but still you can apply in Denmark Home Office for your residence permit. In India it may take 3 month. I have done the same last year and got the Residence Card. Most important that your husband track record must be very clear and with no gray area in his history. If you need more detail you can mail me on ***

Hi Kamal,

I am sorry, but you have got me confused. my husband is in Denmark on  green card visa. how can i apply for a residence permit, i guess i am far from that. If he has a 3 year visa, then i will surely have the same.
More over if at all he has a 6 month visa them i should have the same. correct me if I am wrong. but applying for a residence permit and giving a language test with all other formalities only takes place when the main applicant is eligible or granted the same.

Thaks

In that case you can only apply visitor visa and once he get his extension the you can move forward. In that case you not allow to work there and you totally depend on him. Not been negative but nothing much can be done.

thanks for the clarification Kamal, Yes it is a Spouse green card visa similar to any other dependent visa with working right.

Hi all,

Anyone applying for a Spouse dependent green card visa ?

Thanks

Im going to get marry in algeria with a danish woman  in algeria  im currenly in algeria living ,how i can apply for card resident , here from algeria after doing mariage ,or in Danemark ,how times takes for get it?

You can read about the rules here:
https://www.nyidanmark.dk/en-us/coming_ … pouses.htm

You'll also find a contact adress to the authorities on this page.

/Nellie

Thanks.

hello I have girfriend in danemark I wonder if she send me Letter of explanation + bank statement + copy of owner of house) with that maybe I can get visa tourists or no,
Has someone got any ideas?