Sadara interview.

Not yet m8

Hi m8 , don't want to seem rude but what sort ofoffer do you think I should accept as an outside operator I haven't a clue

Hi m8 how did it go today

good maildar, got offered a position as console op in isocyanates..

Excellent what was interview like

Hi tea boy congrats on the job offer ,, I've got a interview on Monday ,, any tips ?

Thanks guys, the interview consisted of going through your cv and talking about your skills and what you can bring to sadara, nothing too technical and didn't take too long, enthusiasm and showing interest goes without saying, by getting to the interview stage your almost there.

Enjoy the day guys and here's wishing you the best of luck...

Nice one cheers

Thanks mate

So what's the next step mate ?

Hi tea boy sorry about this text early on but got interview tmoro for sadara is it ok if I fire some questions at you thru out today

Well Teaboy did you accept?

Hi Teaboy,
I think we met at the interview? I  wasn't so lucky. Two man interview, both Dow guys, they picked me up on a simple question and went at me like a boxer. I didn't understand what one guy was asking at all and he said the question once. I asked him to repeat the question as we were interrupted twice by staff walking in. Got rejected. Fair play to Fircroft as I got a call early doors on Saturday and a unheard of 'second chance' they arranged a telephone interview with the same two guys. They apologised for the previous day, interruptions and the like, and  then it went technical straight away - I failed on 'give me examples of FMEA on a double pump seal' - I ranted on about how a pump could fail to complete silence - neglecting to mention a seal at all. I think some of the questioning was lost in the American/Geordie/indian accent divide and had he asked about failure of a mechanical seal generally, and I could have seen his lips move, I would have been still talking and in with a shout. There was no connection. My only shot at Sadara and I blew it. I am gutted.

Sorry to hear about your interview today Paul ,, I've got one tomorrow any tips ?

Just be yourself and be enthusiastic, smile and do a bit of homework. I would also grab 10 minutes with James Smith of Fircroft. I have great respect for him and what he did for me and he is spot on.
I think if your role is technical then it's not just a case of going through your CV. My problem was I didn't really know what job I was applying for (still dont) and the interviewer kept asking me what experience I had in areas not covered in my CV - for example 'What electrical experience do I have? A little  I said as   I am a mechanical engineer)' - Would I be interested in projects ?  Yes. - I responded I would be and then they said they were recruiting for maintenance and or reliability.

I am sure if your face fits you'll do well. Good luck !!

I have no idea what roll in getting interviewed for ,,, I've heard loads of people say that the interview was just a chat about your CV and others say it's like a interrogation lol ,, the thing is I always find interviews are like a lottery you could go and give a fantastic interview and still not get it ,,, I've found it's not so much what you know as if you say the key words they want to hear . I've done my homework so they have my CV so they can see what I've done . Sorry you didn't get a offer I have a feeling this time tomorrow I will be in the same boat lol .

Paul, sorry to hear that mate, guess what I blew as well...
Got offered a position of console op but was not happy with the money, so
I tried to hang out for more, they sent me 2 revised contracts with small increases
and I said no hoping to get more, and then they withdrew the offer.......
Jeez I cannot believe I got greedy when my foot was in the door....
Going to ring them in morning and swallow my pride and ask for a reprieve ,
Not expecting much though...
Sorry to hear about yours Paul, if anything at least yours was job related,
Me I failed through sheer bloody greed and deserved all I got... Equally gutted....

Best wishes Paul, and good luck mate.

David

Stu, I blew it mate....... Pissed off and gutted .......

Hi tea boy sorry to hear about the contract ,, hope you sort something out .

So what is FMEA on a pump

Fermtech, thanks mate can't believe how bloody stupid I have been..

I was lucky to be with a good bunch of lads on Friday, Paul ( sorry mate ), two Chris's
Vinny, Steve, and Jamie.
Fircroft guys and girls were great ....
The only mug there was me...

If I can just say, Sadara will give you a bit of lee way but don't push them too far or
you will lose everything....

Cheers guys and good luck...

David, that's a shocker - chat to James - he's the man and I am sure he can pull some strings. Good luck mate !!

Failure modes and analysis. I mentioned I had done some and they kept asking me detailed questions on it. !

hi
i have an interview for Sadara on Tuesday morning for a lab position
anyone here going to work in labs at Sadara,
how did the interviews go for lab jobs?

No  - you did great You got an offer mate ! I didn't. Good luck in negotiations. I am going to speak to Fircroft after the campaign on Thursday to see what options I have.
I must admit though immediately after my interview (prior to being rejected) I was told that they wanted to look at my previous payslips. i was then told a shorg time later they 'couldn't match it' - this was prior to being punted out so that might have played a part. They may have been speaking with forked tongues to get us to the interview ?
I take it the other guys walked out with big comedy checks and a thumbs up.

Paul, all my own fault and doing,
I'm on nights tonight so will ring first thing in the morning,
Malcolm was pretty determined with the deadline he set me
for accepting, I just pushed it too far......

Good luck mate.....

Ha Ha, big comedy checks.....
I really hope so Paul you guys were all ok and
I was hoping for the best for all of you..

Forked tongues eh ?  I don't know to be honest,
Why waste your time and theirs interviewing when the outcome is going to
be in doubt, maybe if your quals are top notch they may want to see if they can
get you on the cheap maybe ?
But that's business and you can't blame them for that.

Can somebody get back to me in regards to working in jubail as I am moving out shortly from UK , mainly how to go on with sending money home , contacting friends and family back home , traveling to work from compound , how to get to Bahrain on weekends , and everything else I need to know thanks maildar .

Take it you made it - what was your interview like ?

Check out Facebook as some of the lads and lasses already out there have set up a page 'Sadara'

I will have to wait till the next campaign and I am really pissed off.

Alright Mate, how did  you get on with your renegotiations on your rate?

I am so pissed off that I flunked it. Hoping to see what turns up next. May end up in Kuwait on the Al Khafji project.

Sorry to here that Paul but you will get there no probs , where are you working at present m8

Ok happy with offer , future bonuses look good just going thru the motions now medical, visas an that , should be ok big step this like

Between contracts maildar -  Waiting on an offer for Kuwait - nowhere near Bahrain though so I will be leaving the wife and kids here.

Well done maildar, good luck mate.....

What do you do for a drink on compound

Thanks m8 hope to see you out there

Can anyone advise me on how to send part of salary home from jubail to UK

You need an expat account to transfer some from the Saudi account through that into a UK account. I just opened a Lloyds expat account two days ago very simple 10 minutes on the net then got a phone call in the evening for 15 minutes. need to send them a couple of things to prove my identity and address and all sorted. just do a google search lloyds expat banking.

Thanks stu , what bout tax forms an that

You will need to fill out P85 to tell them you have left and info about your finances back here, any other income , rent etc.