EMPLOYMENT OFFER

i am working in a Foreign Engineering Procurement and Construction Company which have an ongoing project here in jubail. I was working as a free visa before until the saudization take place. so in short i change sponsor and join a supply company in a percentage basis. after 10 months i have experience  problems regarding my salary, so i have decided to talked to this supply company and tell them what i will do. i will change again my sponsorship to much qualified company. but my company said that i have a 2 year contract with them. but when i see the contract that they are telling. it was a employment offer and not a contract. My question is can i transfer to other supply company knowing that i does not have a valid contract with them.

Hi kokakmilk,

May be you might find some useful information on the following website:

http://www.saudiembassy.net/about/count … -2of4.aspx

Regards,

David.

Ok, I understand that a formal contract was not signed. But here is your real agony (and THE catch):

If you had transferred to a Green category company, you can't transfer Iqama sponsorship to any other Green company before 2 years completion. Unfortunately that has nothing to do with any contract (signed/unsigned). It's from Jawazat...the authority to issue, cancel, renew and transfer Iqamas.

We have observed many exceptions to the regulation above but if your employer HAS said that, don't staple hopes. All transfers happen with approvals from sponsors and I got the feeling that they're not gonna help you in that.

If I were you, I'd try talking to them again in a revised amicable way after some time.

I am really thankful about your reply,

You mean it is JAWASAT and only the Jawasat can only help me with my case? would you think that i can go to Labor office and file a complaint in order to force my erring current sponsor. the complain will be the delay of salary and the non provision of a legal contract. as far as i know Jawasat cannot just violate the exesting labor laws, and therefore their action must always alligned with the law of other government office.

what do you think?