Holiday Destination Recommendation

I'm looking for a holiday destination recommendation.
Here is what we are looking for:
While generally not fans of mass tourist package travel, that is actually kind of what we are looking for this time. We are looking for a beach resort that offers all-inclusive stay and activities for kids. Relaxation is the goal rather than seeing it all (though some activity nearby would be nice too). We've done this type of travel a couple of times in teh past and liked the truly all-inclusive offerings and things like a kids mini-disco in the evening (happy kids = happy parents!). The places we have done this before are in the Mediterranean though and we are looking to go in the next couple of weeks so it will be too cold there still.
Oh - time and money are always issues too so not looking to spend a fortune or travel half way around the world either.

Have a look at Oman or Jordan or Turkey. There are some amazing 5 star hotels with a good value.

Thanks.
I had looked at Turkey and Jordan. Both seem great, but in April still a bit chilly (at least the water is).
I haven't looked at Oman at all. I will though.

I too recommend Oman if you are looking at a quick and relaxing holiday. A couple of days in Muscat and/or couple of days in Salalah. My wife and I enjoy visiting Oman. It still has the old world charm..

For Turkey, try booking in Antalya. It's the south end of the country, general warmer than the rest of Turkey and has some of the best beaches in Turkey. Late April should be fine in the region of 20-25 degrees or 30 if there is a heatwave on.

I went to Phuket around June last year without a tour package and i got the best hotels for a very good price. Was fun fun fun !

brightonguy wrote:

For Turkey, try booking in Antalya. It's the south end of the country, general warmer than the rest of Turkey and has some of the best beaches in Turkey. Late April should be fine in the region of 20-25 degrees or 30 if there is a heatwave on.

Antalya is on my list. I have heard its an amazing place for a holiday.

Thailand is supposed to be amazing. I am planning to go soon but a lot of my friends go on a regular basis.

Turkey is lovely but you get harassed like crazy by shop keepers, restaurants etc (still love the place though)

Sri Lanka too is lovely

Josnuggles wrote:

Sri Lanka too is lovely

It is .. isn't it :)

Yeah, you just need to ignore the harassment in Turkey and 9/10 they get the message. You don't need to go to tourist traps after all.

Sri Lanka is great, but we've been there and want somewhere new.
Antalya is nice too, but it is too early in the season for there.
Oman looks like a good option, but I'm finding limited availability for our dates.
We are looking at Thailand too. That might be the best choice. But to do it right it seems more expensive than I thought it would be.

Stakan - I know of your Sri Lanka visit. Unforgettable to say the least. :)