Need information about Spain cremations

Hi

My husband and I are retired and live in the area between Reus and Tortosa.  Would that be near enough to you for you to hold a service.  I have thought about making arrangement for funerals for us.  My mother did this in England and it saved a lot of worry at a time of great emotional stress. Having said that I hope we will both live long lives.

I read a long time ago that in Spain cremations are not held in chapels as in England but services are held after the ashes are returned, in private.  Is this still right.

If you are in an appropriate area could you please let us know the procedure for cremations and the normal costs.  Do you have a web site?  If you are not close to us, do you know anyone in this area.  I would like to set up a savings  account to cover the costs and to have details on who to contact etc.

I know for many this would be an odd subject to discuss but as we are not Catholic so would not use the local church we need to make plans sometime.

Thanks for your help

Hi campogirl,

I created a new topic from your post on the Spain forum for better views an interaction.

May be you should try to get in touch with funerals directors, they might get some reliable hints.

Regards,

David.

Thanks for your advice David.  I will have to look for one that has an English speaker, as although I can go shopping, my conversation Spanish is not yet up to discussing this.

Hi Campogirl. As you know I live at the end of your road! I would be happy to interpret /translate for you if you want to investigate this topic.  Free of course. I am underoccupied at present  and need an excuse not to tackle a thousand olive trees here! Ros