Organic Hipster Stuff

Okay, so I don't even know if it's possible to get this stuff, since I've been to Co.op Mart, Maximark, and Citimart and haven't seen anything, but is there a place where I can get:

- Organic, raw (unprocessed, unheated, still contains beeswax and everything) honey (it should be solid at 24 degrees Celsius/75 degrees Fahrenheit) this is the kind I used to get in the US: http://www.vitacost.com/ys-eco-bee-farms-raw-honey)

and

- Organic, unrefined (so the concentration of naturally-occurring lauric acid is higher), virgin or extra-virgin coconut oil (http://www.vitacost.com/garden-of-life- … oconut-oil)

?

Another thing I really miss is Fair Trade Certified and Rainforest Alliance Certified chocolate, but it's probably better for my health that I stop indulging in that. There's plenty of chocolate here, but I don't know how to tell which ones are made from sustainably grown and harvested cacao beans from plantations that pay its workers fairly. Does Vietnam have a comparable certification system?

You can get the coconut oil you're looking for at Me & Be, a baby store. I use it on my baby (it's quite the huge trend to use instead of harsh chemicals these days) it cost 250'000 for a large jar. Just be careful since it's made of glass, it's breaks very easily. :(

Good to know, thanks! Where is Me & Be? Do you know the street and district, or better yet, their website?

It's a chain all over the city. I go to the one on Sky Garden in Phu My Hung D.7. I don't know the addresses for the ones in D.3, 4 and 1. It's on google though! :)

You can find 100% natural honey at many of the local markets (Street markets) We buy honey collected wild from the forest all the time

you might try some of the local fruit growers, they have bees to pollinate flowers just ask check out the places they take tourist on mekong day trip

Almost honey in vietnam is fake, eventhough it was sold in supper market. And coconut, you can make by yourself. It's very easy, safe, no preservatives. Vietnam's cosmetic is not safe for skin.

I have never seen any fake honey in the 5 years I have been in Vietnam. My wife's brother in central Vietnam makes honey and like I said before there are many people who work in the forest and collect natural honey and sell in the markets

You can look at this product...

facebook.com/pages/Golden-Bee/596898990403167

m.facebook.com/profile.php?id=596898990403167 the honey you're looking for. :)

Whoops, PP already posted it! Lol

Buying organic is hard here. I'm all for organic and I'm not a hipster at all. Annam gourmet has lots of bob mills products and some organic veggies/ fruits. Shops in most districts like 2,1 and 7. Also there is another shop called organic market in Phu My Hung that sells organic products but besides veggies, their prices are so expensive.

There is a Organic market chain shop in Phu My Hung D7, in the same street opposite to the Coopmart supermarket of Phu My Hung, you might try there.