Looking at settling in BG

Hi all, Llooking at settling in BG. I've done quite a lot of internet research and read peoples comments on life in  BG.  I would just like to ask a couple of questions.  Ruse looks like a beautiful place to live and the surrounding area looks great for hiking which is one of my interests, anyone living in Ruse that could answer that one please? Also what is the social life like? Of course I hope to come out and look around and get to meet some expats to learn first hand of their experiences.   Many thanks Pam.

Hi Pam,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

I created a new thread with your post on the Bulgaria forum as it gives much more importance to your questions here.

Thank you,

Priscilla

Hi Pam,

The region around Ruse is indeed a nice one but bare in mind that the economy in Ruse is going deep down. The city itself isn't special, only plus point of this city is the location on the Danube and the proximity of Romania.. Price for housing is cheap in this region but again you can find very cheap houses in the Veliko Tarnovo region who offers also very nice region and also lots of hiking possibilities but most important the city of VT is real nice.