Moving to Bulgaria May/June

Hi everyone, I have just returned from a 3 month stay in Bulgaria at my apartment in Nessebar. I wanted to spend time there during the winter months just to see what the weather was like on the coast, although it was very quiet compared to the summer the weather was not bad at all. I have only come back to the UK to sort out my state pension and get rid of my last bits and pieces. I have decided to buy a left hand drive car over here in the UK and drive back to BG so I can bring any last bits and pieces with me, I drove to BG a couple of years ago in a right hand drive car which was exciting,so this time it should be easier. Last time it took me 3 days to do the trip, driving 10 to 12 hours a day, this time I may take it a bit slower to take in the scenery a bit more.
Can't wait to get back to BG for the long gorgeous summers on the Black Sea and the lovely friendly Bulgarian people.
I am also thinking of buying a cheap house inland to see a bit of the Bulgarian nature, which, from some of the pictures I have seen is quiet stunning.
I will be back in touch either on my trip to BG or when I get there just to keep you updated.

Terry

Sounds good Terry. I sold up and came last year from Scotland and have no regrets. Never meen to Nessebar though as I live inland in the Veliko Tarnovo area

Hi Ron, I have been back and forth to BG for the last 7 years and love it. As I said I will be looking for a cheap place inland, so you never know I may have a look around VT area it seems quite popular with expats :)

Yes a lot of ex pats in and around VT if I can help at all let me know

Ok thanks Ron :)

the bus scammers at Sofia air port.I paid 2 lev for a bus ride to the central bus station in Sofia, and within 5min was asked if my ticket was stamped by 2 guys.and i was not the only traveler asked this.2 others be for me were told they were in trouble and were asked to pay a 20lev fine, and they handed over there money.I refused and got off on the next stop, they followed me so i told them to phone the police,they then showed me a form in bulgarian telling me if they come i will have to pay a 100lev fine, all this went on for 2 or 3 min, they turned around gave me my ticket back shook my hand and walked away.It cost me nothing but anther 20min wait for the next bus.so do not forget to stamp your ticket with the small punches by the windows.WELCOME TO BULGARIA.

Hi Terry,
I can certainly vouch for the nature here, pretty amazing.

hello     Sir  ... :top:
Thanks  for  sharing     nice history Me  also I am   going to move to Bulgary   Currently I live in Tokyo Japan .
As i can see  by videos and   pictures    bulgary is a nice country.....and lovely Peoples also.
Hope   see you  take care  have a great day.

hello   Sir  good morning I am new in the Forum    may I ask you please  about dead   Documents  for the Bulgary Houses ...How musch this cost ?thanks

Actually, the bus ticket thing is not a scam. It is the rules of travel. You must stamp your ticket for a ride, otherwise you are riding for free. A 20 lv fine is the standard fine, and it is asked at the moment you are found without a stamped ticket.

Mutley (Terry).
Did you make the move and if so, how is it going?

Hello Ron
I saw your posts and looked up where you are living. It is beautiful. I will be visiting in September and will put this area on my map. When you first went to Bulgaria did you hire a facilitator to help you. I am a single woman and have traveled, but not knowing the language will be hard.