Deleting old posts

I'm sure that in the past it was possible to delete old or unnecessary posts.
Has this facility been taken away from us?

Bump!
Just to clear up my question:

I asked another forum member how they manage to delete posts and got this reply...
"Just under your post there should be a "delete" button right next to the "edit" button.  I say should be because after the big site change, different people seem to see different things."

Well, next to my "Edit" button there very definitely is no "delete" button, and I have tried it with Firefox and IE.

Rgds. El

El_Jost wrote:

Bump!

I asked another forum member how they manage to delete posts and got this reply...
"Just under your post there should be a "delete" button right next to the "edit" button.  I say should be because after the big site change, different people seem to see different things."

Well, next to my "Edit" button there very definitely is no "delete" button, and I have tried it with Firefox and IE.

Rgds. El

I do not have that 'delete' button either (IE v11 latest update), but I would NOT delete any of my posts.
At this point in life, I do not think it's fair for me to spend time writing posts and then spend more time to delete them ...  :cool:

I see the delete button on my chrome browser

El_Jost wrote:

Bump!

Rgds. El

You now have to try Google Chrome.

For some good Swiss beers and Swiss cheese, I can save you the trouble of installing a 3rd browser and try it myself first to tell you if it works or not.

You can also install the new browser, delete the post nagging you and then uninstall the browser ... but then you will be alone, without a friend: me.  :(

John C. wrote:
El_Jost wrote:

Bump!

Rgds. El

You now have to try Google Chrome.

For some good Swiss beers and Swiss cheese, I can save you the trouble of installing a 3rd browser and try it myself first to tell you if it works or not.

You can also install the new browser, delete the post nagging you and then uninstall the browser ... but then you will be alone, without a friend: me.  :(

I think first things is wait a bit and see what "The Team" has to say.

Hi El_Jost,

Following your request, I suggest you get in touch directly with us regarding the deletion of your posts, and we'll proceed.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla :)
Expat.com Team

ECS wrote:

Hello ECS,

Can you confirm that you can see the delete button on your chrome browser please?

It should not be possible for you to have the delete option.

Thanks,

Christophe

it should be one so that we can delete our own post which may hurts someone or unreasonable :rolleyes:

traveltotibet wrote:

it should be one so that we can delete our own post which may hurts someone or unreasonable :rolleyes:

Hi TravelToTibet, :)

Here we discuss any topic freely except for dating, politics and religion, according to our education, life experience and personal views.
We do NOT write posts to hurt people or to babysit them.  :top:

Christophe wrote:
ECS wrote:

Hello ECS,

Can you confirm that you can see the delete button on your chrome browser please?

Thanks,

Christophe

I can see the delete in chrome and in my iPad browser. Why should I not be allowed to delete my own posts?

traveltotibet wrote:

Well said!
In addition, to delete posts that "go wrong", for example, when editing or in respect of well-intended advise that is proven incorrect or is outdated.

ECS wrote:
Christophe wrote:
ECS wrote:

Hello ECS,

Thanks,

Christophe

I can see the delete in chrome and in my iPad browser. Why should I not be allowed to delete my own posts?

Well said! :top:
I hope the TEAM does decide to allow deletion of posts. IMO it would be in the best interests of this forum.

Priscilla wrote:

Hi El_Jost,

Following your request, I suggest you get in touch directly with us regarding the deletion of your posts, and we'll proceed.

Thank you and have a nice day,

Priscilla :)
Expat.com Team

Thanks you Priscilla. If need be I will do so.  :cheers:

ECS wrote:
Christophe wrote:
ECS wrote:

Hello ECS,

Thanks,

Christophe

Yes sorry indeed "experts" should be able to delete their own post.

@ Everyone: This option has been removed for our own good because in the past this caused a really big problem for us. In our future developments we tend to put it back but with a trust system.

@El_Jost: If you have any problem with a post am sure that the team will be willing to help you  ;)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Christophe

Thanks Christophe for sorting the issue.  :top:
Rgds. Elwin

Christophe wrote:

@El_Jost: If you have any problem with a post am sure that the team will be willing to help you  ;)

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Christophe

Hello Christophe, :)

I think forummers who need to ask for the manual deletion of their posts should be charged at least US$1 / post.

This way forummers will think twice about posting something which requires deletion.  :par:

No more deletable posts, OK?  :cool:

One thing is sure by this nobody will ask to delete........ :)

There are so many posts that's for sure, here goes this one ;)

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR