How much would an elopement wedding in Rome cost?

My fiance and I are both Filipinos and will be travelling to Rome for the first time and we're just wondering if it would be fairly easy for us to have an elopement wedding in Rome? Preferably a legal and  binding Roman Catholic wedding but considering this may be costly and cumbersome so we're also open to having  a symbolic ceremony instead. Nothing fancy,just the two of us,June 2014. How much do you think this would cost? Any helpful info would be much appreciated.

A ceremony in a catholic church could even be free.  The costs usually come if you want flowers in church, a wedding dress, a lunch after the ceremony with many guests, a luxury car and things like that. These things can be extremely expensive but they are not compulsory at all !  Given that you are catholic maybe the best thing could be to speak with a Filipino priest here in Italy. In Rome the (very beautiful) church where the Filipino community gathers (with a Filipino priest) is the "Basilica di Santa Prudenziana".  The Filipino priest is

P. Romeo Velos, C.S.
via Lungaretta, 22a - Roma
Tel.: 065800820

Cappellania per la comunità filippina
c/o Basilica di Santa Pudenziana al Viminale
Via Urbana, 160 - 00184 Roma (RM)
Tel. 06.48.14.622 - Tel. residenza: 06.580.08.20

P. Romeo Velos, cappellano
P. Gente Ricky, assistente cappellano

Much appreciated,Paolo! I'll try and get in touch with them. Thank you for taking the time to answer this post.