Lookin to start up my own practice in Belize!

My name is Shelly I'm a Focusing - Orientated Trauma Therapist currently working with all ages. Which includes physical, sexual, emotional abuse PTSD among addictions. Children are grown and we are looking for a change of scenery does anyone have any idea if i could work in Belize i'm Internationally Certified. Have worked a great deal with social services front line work any ideas would help. My husband is Keith he's a hard working man does reno's also supervisor of an aluminium siding crew.

you can come and spend several months here, going around finding possible opportunities.  The state of health care, particularly mental health, is not sophisticated.   getting a work permit is expensive, difficult and takes awhile and of course does not provide work.   The culture here in Belize would not be familiar with the services you offer.  Most of what you describe would not be considered trauma here, just everyday life.    The only way to know for sure is to come and stay awhile to assess if there is a market for your skills.   BTW wages are very low, & the cost of utilities is very high.  The infrastructure is limited.  Come check us out.  you will not regret time spent in Belize, even if you chose not to live here.

Thank you!! Much appreciated.