Pocket money

Hello

My name is Alain I am currently living in Abidjan Ivory Coast. I am trying to make my bags to come to Manila the coming weeks. A little dream I've had two or three years now, I seek to materialize this year. I am an English teacher here and I also works for a company as team leader because I also have a degree in Marketing. I must admit that I had a lot of info here but the problem is that I do not know how much it takes to pass the immigration. Can anyone be kind to tell me what is required at the Immigration as I do not need a visa. Thanks

hi ,firstly what immigration are you referring to ?are you going  for holiday  or planning to stay  longterm  ?.

Hi Greenetravel

Thanks a lot for your reply and concern for my post. I am just going their for holiday,I mean as tourist. I was told that need to show money at immigration. I would like to know how much that can be. Just to have in other words,an idea regarding requirements at immigration.

Thanks

Hi Alain,

You can enter the Philippines and be granted a tourist visa valid for 30 days without showing/giving any money.
All they will ask you (airline at departure and maybe immigration in Manila) is a ticket to exit the Philippines within the 30 day free tourist visa period. Exit to any country, does not need to be your origin country.
After that, if you want to stay longer as a tourist, you just need to go to the immigration office in Manila and extend your tourist visa (more or less 100USD).

Keep in mind that you are not allowed to work with a tourist visa.**

Best regards,

Philibert.

Moderated by Priscilla 6 years ago
Reason : No free ads here please + register in the business directory
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

asia  -what you mean more or less  100$    i believe the first ext costs 3030 peso -which is less than 80$

Hi Asia

Thanks for your post and details as far as my preoccupations are concerned. Things are now clear in my mind regarding this subject. As for work,of course I can be tempted to find a job if conditions are good. But is it possible that a company hire me with my tourist visa?
I will be sending you a private message.

Best regards,
Alain

if they did hire -most likely it wouldnt be legal   as you cant work on a tourist visa