Cost of Living in irbil Iraq

I have been offered a job in Irbil Iraq with a salary of USD 3000 p.m.. Housing and vehicle will be provided by company. I am a pure vegetarian. How much money I can save after comfortable life there.

If housing and car are provided , then U can save around 2000 USD and spend another 1000

Totally agree .

totally agree with Mahmoud , that y should be saving $2,000

I live here with my wife and our monthly cost is 1200-1500$. You will be very comfortable with this salary. Tickets to go out of Erbil are pretty expensive, so it's good to have couple flights to home per year and it's a standard thing for expats so if you don't have it, ask for it!

Life in Erbil can be expensive, You will not find fresh milk here, it is all in a tetrapak starting at about $2USD per liter. Yogurt is available here and relatively cheap. You can find channa dal, masoor dal, brown lentils, rajma, and some other beans here. Dried beans run about $3USD per kilo some a little less and some a little more. You can buy chapatti atta at Majidi Mall in the hypermarket. They don't always have it and it is sold in a huge bag. Rice is easily available here too and not too expensive.

I spend about $100 a week on groceries for myself only. This is eggs, bread, veg, fruit, rice, etc. But it can be done for as little as $50 per week if one is careful.

Transport can be expensive in taxis, Cars are cheap to buy as are motorbikes but there is no insurance here which means if you have an accident you pay.

On $3000 per month if your housing, electricity, and other bills are paid you could most likely save $2000 a month if you are careful.

Flying in and out is very expensive but get on the mailing list for Etihad, Qatar, and Emirates because they do have fare sales. I got a return ticket from here to Delhi for only $535 by buying in advance. Otherwise they run around $800 or more.

Can you tell me which company offered to you. Because I need job in Iraq as same like you.