Baraem Rowad Al Khaleej International Kindergarten ▌Education for Life

Hello!
I have been offered a position at this school. I am an American woman. Doesanyone have any imput on the school or the area?

What city and are is it?

It is a new school I was told. in Riyadh.I wil llive in a compound and wonder about every day  life? Is it safe?

Compounds are gated communities for foreigners. You will be living inside a gated community where you can dress less conservatively, meet people from different nations and have parties. Most compounds have a sport facilities and a swimming pool. It is perfectly safe to be living in a compound and you will surely not wonder about every day life. Teaching here could however be a different experience altogether, I am sure. :-) Despite what you hear you do not have to delete your personal pictures on your laptop. Or no religious police raids compounds to ensure virtue. Most things you hear in abroad is just hearsay really.
Feel free to ask if you have any specific questions.

I will be in Arizona compound. I have heard it is quite nice.
I wonder if I don't want to stay in the compound and want to explore the country how do I go about doing that?
What kinds of clothes would I bring? How conservative I guess I mean?

It is indeed a very nice compound and you will meet a lot of people from US and other western countries. Unfortunately, women are not allowed to drive in Saudi. But you can hire a cab or a private car, call them up and go about exploring all the nice malls that there are to explore in Riyadh. Though its not too bad for women to go out alone but i would advice take a friend. You can also hitch a ride with you mates from the compound, etc.
When in compound you can dress moderately, jeans, tops, skirts, etc.....
When going out into the public it is essential to wear an abaya (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abaya) a black cloak like thing. Since it will be summers soon it would be wise to bring summer dresses.

I would say, take this opportunity to save some money and explore arab culture without bothering much about hear say.

thank you very much!!

terezeteaches wrote:

thank you very much!!

Happy to help.

Terezeteaches, I'm curious to know about your experience because I am thinking about applying for a job there.

Terezteaches and hollywood2722, I too am looking to apply to this school. I was wondering were you able to get a visa internationally? and also if you don't mind me asking, how much is your base salary being offered?

I have been offered a position as well. I am waiting to receive the job offer and review the details. If you find any additional information please include me as well. [email protected]