Qatar Visa

Hello,
Could anybody help me out in the following matter! I have worked in Oman and while coming back i did not cancel my employment visa. Within couple of months the Oman Visa is going to be automatically cancelled. Now, i have got a job offer from Qatar. Please advise me that could i able to get a Qatar Employment Visa at this moment? or please let me know what other type of Qatar Visa i can able to get.

Also i have a doubt regarding without my presence the oman employer could able to cancel my employment visa? Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Balaji

yes sponsor can cancell ur visa either on expiry or lapse of six months not in country

Hi Balaji

you can go to Qatar directly. No issues..

But then get a visa cancellation authorised letter from your previous employer. This will help in such a way that u didn't ran away from company.

anandhan wrote:

Hello,
Could anybody help me out in the following matter! I have worked in Oman and while coming back i did not cancel my employment visa. Within couple of months the Oman Visa is going to be automatically cancelled. Now, i have got a job offer from Qatar. Please advise me that could i able to get a Qatar Employment Visa at this moment? or please let me know what other type of Qatar Visa i can able to get.

Also i have a doubt regarding without my presence the oman employer could able to cancel my employment visa? Your reply would be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,
Balaji

Hi Balaji,

What you have done is you have absconded from your job. It is a serious misdemeanour. For your information I quote here the views of a leading local publication's “Legal Expert” : QUOTE. Please note that expatriates cannot hold resident visas of two GCC countries. As per the GCC regulations, no expatriate is allowed to hold resident visas of two GCC countries concurrently (except under special circumstances). You must cancel one visa to be eligible for residence in another GCC country. Even if you obtain visa without revealing the full facts, you will not be able to regularise your status once the authorities in the destination country notice the presence of a valid GCC resident permit from the other country in your passport. This, however, will not be applicable if the resident visa has already expired. ENDQUOTE. (http://www.timesofoman.com/News/Article-31183.aspx).

Since you have not returned, your company could consider it as a case of ‘employee absconding'. Depending on the circumstances you left, the company has many options to initiate legal proceedings against you for this misdemeanour of yours. To retain the treasured ‘Labour Clearance' and to appoint another employee on that available clearance, your company would have by now got your Visa cancelled under the ‘employee has absconded' clause, in all probability.

Just hope and trust that they have not filed a case against you, in which case the repercussions could be serious.

Best of luck !