Update of the address on the e-ID card

Hi everyone,

I am moving to another apartment soon and I was wondering what I can do to update the address on my e-ID card. I've sent an email to the customer care coordinator in Valletta, but they told me that I'll have to apply from scratch. They can't be serious about it? They have all the documents they need, they also have all the details on their system. The only thing they need to do, is to update the address. Is there any other way to sort it out less complicated?

Many thanks for your advice!

They are serious. So I didnt update the address unless they change their stupid system or i am really in the need of the new address on my card.

Hi maximus,

I recently moved too -)) So with that information from you I will not be updating my e-residence anytime soon until the procedure changes.

What idiots! With the old id card you just went there and they changed it on the spot and printed a new card immediatly. We are obviously dealing with beaurocrats who have nothing better to do than to cause massive unnecessary work to keep their own useless jobs going!

I've changed my address for all business contacts I have and nobody questioned the old address on the residence card.

Thanks for the info.
Ricky

I actually went there a couple of months ago and had an argument with them about this. They are sitting on a very tall horse how we would describe it in german ;).

I pitty those people working there on the other hand that have to deal with all those 3rd country nationals with most of them understanding almost nothing.

I agree. Absolutely ridiculous! Well, i gues I'll have to keep the old address on the card :(

How complicated simple things can be sometimes...

This is what they told me was required when I sent them an email about changing address:-

The application form relating to purpose of residence

Form ID1A

Form ID 2 with a photograph attached

Photocopy of passport

Photocopy of current residence document

If you sent in a notarised copy of your passport in the initial application then it doesnt have to be notarised this time and you can apply by mail if you are an EU citizen.

so its basically a new application

what a load of old tosh

toonarmy9752 wrote:

so its basically a new application

what a load of old tosh

Yep, pretty much!

but you keep your old eResidence card in the meantime ?

georgeingozo wrote:

but you keep your old eResidence card in the meantime ?

If you apply by mail then you will do, dont know what happens if you apply in person.

how much time usually takes to receive the new id card? i applied 10 weeks ago and still no answer.. i might move as well soon.. so i will wait another 3 months to change the new adres... ufaaa
i might go on monday to ask for the new id to see if they know smth

changing address is currently a new application....

Hi, I just picked mine and my family ID cards today with the new address updated, it took me about 2 weeks. I am only moving in the end of this month back to Mellieha, but our ID cards address has already been updated :-)
I only needed to fill in the 1A form (for each of us), tick he address change option and add the new address details. This was what I was advised to do by someone at the ID card office.

Good luck to all!

Antonio

well done antonio.... moving back to Melllieha then eh

toonarmy9752 wrote:

well done antonio.... moving back to Melllieha then eh

I am indeed toon :-) with a car now, makes things much easier. The family is getting bigger as well and we found a nice 3 bed house in Mellieha, just opposite Mellieha's primary school. Looking forward for the new restart at Mellieħa. Hope this time we can meet up for a drink or two.

Thanks for that info, glad things are going well for you and your family.   So you didnt have to send a copy of your present id cards, passports or a photograph?  Thats what they told me when I enquired, hopefully they have updated the system.

Did you do it by mail or in person?

Thanks rainbow3,

I've applied by person and I was not requested any of that. Just had to give my old ID back when collecting the new one.

Well thats good then, thankyou for the information

i handed my old id card in but kept the old res certificate

Mantonas, Please, what is the name and address of the office with which you dealt?

biddy wrote:

Mantonas, Please, what is the name and address of the office with which you dealt?

Same place where you apply for the e-Residnce card:

Evans Building
St .Elmo Place
Valletta

Interesting. We were told Gattard House, Blata l-Bajda!!

biddy wrote:

Interesting. We were told Gattard House, Blata l-Bajda!!

Who told you that?

That is the place for ID cards, not eResidence cards (shows you why its important to ask about the right thing :-)

actually its the place for eID cards, as thats what locals are now being issued :-)

I've never heard about that place before, to be honest and you're right GnG, it does prove your point, indeed. :-)

Thank you both. You have clarified it for me and I shall inform my source!!!