New-Postings Alerts to my Private Email Account

Hi William!

I'm almost embarrassed to ask this question (HERE especially) and take up valuable space and even your time...BUT...guess what? I'm going to ask it ANYWAY...

I used to receive ALERTS on my COMCAST EMAIL ACCOUNT about new postings on this blog. However, since this blog was renovated (however long ago that was) I have STOPPED getting those alerts. That's one of the reasons I'm been sort of MIA. I considered calling my internet supplier about it, but, as I still receive such alerts from OTHER blogs not associated with THIS blog, I've wondered for a while now if I'm missing something (OTHER than the ALERTS, that is!) and that there's something I need to DO that you know of to start RECEIVING those alerts again. As far as I can see and can tell, I'm STILL SUBSCRIBED to ALL topics. (Or MAYBE I'm NOT. I'm not clear on that anymore. Or do I have to subscribe INDIVIDUALLY? I don't remember having to do that before.)

I hope, in the end, this does NOT appear a really stupid question to ask, but I finally bit the bullet because I really miss receiving the alerts, and, in that way, staying up-to-date with everything.

Look forward to your reply...

Dalia

Hi Dalia,

Sorry for the delay in responding, it's Brazil.... my internet has been down (AGAIN!!!).

I think that since the changeover to the new platform you need to go into preferences and settings (click on the icon of the head in the green banner at the top of the page) and change your settings under PRIVACY. If that doesn't resolve your problem send a private message to Julie or Christine (entered just like that in the PM address), explain the problem and they'll resolve it for you.

Cheers,
James

Hi Dalia,
I confirm that we are aware of the problem with the comcast domain. They added us to their blocklist and all our outgoing emails towards a comcast domain was being blocked. We got in touch with them and they have already removed a set of IP addresses of our outgoing emails from their blocked list. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused and I would like to assure you that we are doing everything we can to resolve this issue.

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,
Devo

Hi Dalia,
I sent you a PM with a couple of questions and requests which could help us to resolve the issue at hand.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks.
Devo

Hey William!!

Yes, I hadn't heard from my partner either and I saw on the WunderMap that it's been raining torrentially at least in the Fortaleza area, I knew there were internet issues, so, not to worry. You always MORE THAN fulfill my trust in your speediness, my friend!

Even though by the time I checked to see if you had answered my question, I found that DEVO had also responded, I still tried what you suggested, as every little bit helps, right? So, when I got to my settings these are all the ones that were CHECKED:

**Hide your email address but allow email form.
**Save username and password between visits.
**Enable private messages system.
**New contacts and new messages notification by email.

Is that all I need to have checked off to ENSURE that I receive notifications (other than any problem with Comcast blocking them)? OR should I ALSO check off "Include post in subscription emails"?

Please let me know.

Meanwhile, I'm glad to see by DEVO's replies, that I am not alone in this problem. I'm sorry now I didn't post a question about it SOONER.

Hey Devo!! I say WHIP IT! (Sorry, I couldn't resist...!)  ;)

THANK YOU SO MUCH for your response! I'm actually relieved to know it wasn't some problem necessarily on MY end!
Why in the world would Comcast DO that?? Anyway, I'm glad to hear it's already being resolved though. How long ago did you contact them about this?

Yes, DEvo, I saw your PM and will reply to it ASAP. Have to step out right now but wanted to acknowledge your and William's responses which are very much appreciated!

Til then!

Devo,

I left you a PM the other day answering your questions. Did you get it?

I've as yet not received any notifications from Comcast.

Hi Dalia,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.
It was end of February that I got in touch with comcast. It should be ok from their side I believe, unless as i said before, I missed any of our outgoing IP addresses.
I forgot to reset a couple of settings on our end, so please accept my apologies. It should be sorted now, will just run a few more tests and hopefully you should start receiving notifications soon.

Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
Devo

Yes I began receiving them again, thank God!, this morning with YOUR post. Will let you know if I have any more dry spells. Since then have only received one other notification after yours.

Thanks.

Dalia

thats fantastic. Please do not hesitate to get back to me if you notice any problems. Will keep testing for a bit longer to see if I missed anything else. Thanks.

Regards
Devo

Thanks. And will do.

Dalia

Live your expat project without any stress thanks to advice from expats

OR