Hairdresser

Hi can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Mellieha or surrounding areas? Thanks

Allibali wrote:

Hi can anyone recommend a hairdresser in Mellieha or surrounding areas? Thanks

Hi Allibali,

We live in Mellieha also and my wife (Susan) is also looking for a hairdressers, she found one not far from us called Steffies but not sure what she is like, quoted €17 for a cut 7 blow dry.

Where about's in Mellieha are you living? we are right next to the main church at the top of the hill and came across from Newcastle mid January.

Hi Rocking Ken thanks for reply, We came across mid january too! We are from Aberdeen. We live down the hill from the cross keys pizza place. Have noticed a few hairdressers but they always seem to be chatting on phones etc while doing folks hair???? lol

Allibali wrote:

Have noticed a few hairdressers but they always seem to be chatting on phones etc while doing folks hair???? lol

That is 'normal'.
They will also try to tell you how you must have your hair rather than the way you want it.
Be assertive.
€18 wash, cut and dry.

Allibali wrote:

Hi Rocking Ken thanks for reply, We came across mid january too! We are from Aberdeen. We live down the hill from the cross keys pizza place. Have noticed a few hairdressers but they always seem to be chatting on phones etc while doing folks hair???? lol

I don't have that problem...no hair  :D

I was there a couple of weeks ago getting a pizza, just down from the sports pub..

We went to a few hairdressers yesterday and it was the same, got one quote for €25 for a cut and blow dry...I think not said the wife lol

To be honest not looking for any cheap deals etc just a decent hairdresser for a colour & cut! I will take your advice Redmik and make sure I don't end up with a bowl cut or something!!! If anyone been to a decent place would be grateful to know about it! Thanks folks

please just don't go at Jigami, i had a bad experience there, cut and blowdry 40 e :) if you are not going weekly like maltese women do at the hairdresser u might check mosta area, there are 60 haidressers in that town :D

Thanks Joanne.mt I was actually thinking of trying there!!! But maybe won't bother now! I wish someone could give me a positive answer though, has nobody been to a hairdresser here??

Janet who owns Glamourous in Mellieha is very good and quite reasonable

Hi, I go to Louise in Qawra, I can give you the address and phone number. She is young and English. She has been here 7 years and has her own salon (she worked in Uk for 4 years.) I've just had 2 colour, full head, cut and blow dry for 40 euro, lovely cut, great colour, lovely girl....She did exactly as I asked!

Thanks for the replies folks, went to Maria in Mellieha, she did a good job.

coxf0001 wrote:

Hi, I go to Louise in Qawra, I can give you the address and phone number. She is young and English. She has been here 7 years and has her own salon (she worked in Uk for 4 years.) I've just had 2 colour, full head, cut and blow dry for 40 euro, lovely cut, great colour, lovely girl....She did exactly as I asked!

I'd be very grateful if you could let me have her details Caroline, getting pretty desperate for a good cut before I take the scissors to my fringe.......ha!ha!

Thanks,

Kerry

Have been going to Herbert at Ego Salon in Mosta for a year now, expert in styling, cutting etc He is Redken trained and used to lecture at their college. Have recommended many people to him and not one disappointment so far. The salon is at the bottom end of Constitution Street (opposite end of the town centre traffic circle.) Tel. 27677777. Reasonable prices too.

Hi there, can anyone please recommend a good english hairdresser? Many thanks

Why English?

Maybe the poster meant english speaking... ?

Or maybe not because my wife tells me that Maltese hairdressers try to tell her what she should have, rather than what she wants. She has changed hairdressers three times because of this.
(As we know this also happens in other situations like pharmacies etc.)

Could I have Louise's details (Quara) too please?  Just in need of a trim.  Thanks.

I've used Janet at Glamorous Unisex Salon in Mellieha for a while, she used to do a reasonable job, but the last couple of times have been questionable.

Don't ever go near Joe's Barber Shop in Bugibba, GOOD GRIEF!!!

I think he might be a former sheep-shearer who lost his flock, so he decided to start plying his trade on humans. I was in his chair for a grand total of about 84 seconds and he was finished. I should have called Norris McWhirter, it must have been close to a World Record time. And what a mess!!! Never again.

Go to Herbert at Ocean Beauty Academy in Fgura. I have been going to him for 4 years and directed many people to him.  Tell him Pat recommended you. The telephone number is 27021212. The team is there from Tuesdays to Saturdays. I won't say good luck, it is not necessary as he is outstanding!

For what it is worth, my wife, a former hairdresser, has tried several hairdresers in Qawra and the only one who was any good (so far excellent) is Maltese. There was a very good lady at Hush (Lauren), but she left and is now in St Julians,