Information

Hi
I am an Australian guy with a filippino wife and 3 school age children I  have an aussie passport my family all have philippino passports. I was thinking of packing up and moving to Cambodia, I have lived In Thailand before but getting visas for all of us is so expensive. I have gov. pension and a bit of money in the bank so I was wanting some info on cambodia, E.g do they have retirement visas or what would be the cheapest way for me to secure long term visas for all of us.I wanted to know also how safe it is there these days, and what school options I have for the children.I have had bussineses In Thailand so I am not intersted in anything like that as I know how the system works in these countries,So if anybody can help me out I would be most grateful.
Kind Regards
Peter

There are no retirement visas in Cambodia, but currently 12 month Ordinary Visas can be renewed indefinitely. A quick search of the forum will explain the visa process.

I would say that Cambodia is safer than most major Australian cities to be honest, the most dangerous element is road travel.

There are plenty of international schools available, but are rather expensive for the better quality schools.

There are alot of Fillipinas in PP and SR.

Doing business in Cambodia is a lot different to Thailand, foreigners can own a business here without requiring to have a Cambodian business partner.

Thanks heaps Buddy