Is born poor die poor true for Norway?

hi everyone. I heard Norway is a real meritocracy where everyone has equal opportunities and everyone can get rich. So poor people can get rich in Norway and born poor die poor isn't really true for Norway?
thank you for attention!! need your replies!!

yes.....your argument may hold some water especially with the welfare scheme which allows all citizens access to financial assistance no matter what, how, where, who, when....etc..

I think if being super rich is your goal, Norway is not the place. Taxes and the cost of living are very high relative to most places. Norwegians are more on the hunt for equality than extreme wealth. Or at least that's what they tell themselves.

i don't understand what you talkin bout last 3 months i'm here in oslo, i can not find even one day job here.. :|

Very true for Norwegians yes. Socalism at its finest.

Not the same for non norwegians trying to move here. Its very hard to find work even. 500+ Non norwegians a year are coming to the city i live in and most are returning home or as this good weather has shown me...
Begging on the streets (over 16 people in the town centre) :( very sad

ronny tibiita wrote:

yes.....your argument may hold some water especially with the welfare scheme which allows all citizens access to financial assistance no matter what, how, where, who, when....etc..

Hi there,

Being on welfare does not guarantee anybody that the person will become a great man, an exceptional employer or a genius ...  :cool:

Is born poor die poor true for Norway?

You may get born poor but if you follow the correct road, you will be successful anywhere in the world.
The future of every man is already in his brain at birth.  Most people screw it up knowingly or unknowingly.  :par:

I think ECS makes an important point here. Norway is not a place to live the American dream. In general you will not go from rags to extreme riches (There are some examples such as Olav Thon, although he is routinely vilified in the press). On the other hand, everyone has access to somewhere to live, food, education and will be given help to find work. This generates some kind of equality and gives people an ability to climb the social ladder if they want. One way of measuring this is the so-called intergenerational income elasticity i.e. how closely related a person's income is to their parents. You can read something about how Norway performs in some international rankings here:

http://theforeigner.no/pages/columns/so … in-norway/

As you can see, Norway performs much better than most countries, since a person's income is not largely determined by their parent's income as it is in countries such as the UK or the US.

I'll give my 2 cents about it since it is one of the first things I noticed.
It is pretty common in most countries to have a small part of the population hoggle most of the money, this is not really the case in Norway.
Apart from some notable exceptions the wage for a CEO is not excessively high compared to that of a normal worker.
There are a few points that should be cleared up, as:
-welfare applies only if you are norwegian or have a worked a certain amount of months (this is due to change, as the recent immigration influx is pushing the government toward decreasing these benefits for immigrants)
-you will find job only if you are a skilled worker, norwegians will prefer norwegians or swedes for jobs like bartenders, shopkeepers or other unqualified jobs that require social skills
-you may find something under the "heavy" work (see construction, for example) but you will still have to compete for it with all the other unqualified immigrants

Honestly my opinion is that Norway is a prosperous country, in many ways it gave much more than it received and now that situation is changing. You will be treated well if you have something to give, otherwise it will not be as kind as it used to simply because it can't.

What dmcart said is rather self-explaining. Norway, as a norwegian, will allow you to study and pursue what you want to do. So yes, you will have more chances than many other countries to live properly.

Agree, but not sure you'd find much unskilled work in construction here, since there is a glut of readily available, cheap, and qualified, or at least experienced labour from Eastern Europe.

Definitely agree with John in that you are what you make yourself and it doesn't matter where you are.

Aim to do something you enjoy and that helps other people solve their particular problem and you'll never go hungry in any country. I'm handy with my hands and for 30 years I've always made a living from Uganda to New Zealand no worries.