Singapore Living Expenses ..Again :)

Hi Guys,

I am considering an offer of 80SGD per day for food and living expenses( acco is taken care of by the employer).
I would be leading a not so high adrenaline life, and would be eating simple( veg) and will have weekly 2-3 beers...with occasional sight-seeing , that is it.

How much do you guys think will I be able to save, if any ? :unsure

Thanks
VijayDC

This is plenty for food, transport and daily expenses.

I think that will be more then enough for couple of beer in a single day ...

Hey Thanks very much guys....am hopeful now :D

that's quite a lot for allowance!

VijayDC wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am considering an offer of 80SGD per day for food and living expenses( acco is taken care of by the employer).
I would be leading a not so high adrenaline life, and would be eating simple( veg) and will have weekly 2-3 beers...with occasional sight-seeing , that is it.

How much do you guys think will I be able to save, if any ? :unsure

Thanks
VijayDC

You will be able to save your entire salary and further get to keep some of those leftover allowance if you live frugally as ascribed. Singapore is fun city to most expats. Stay less on the fun side or else be prepared to borrow from friends and colleagues thence. lol

that's a lot of money!

I am sorry to tell you that a salary of S$80 per day is too low. It keeps you alive, but you would not be able to afford a lot of basic luxuries. Also, what if there are unexpected expenses?

I (and probably other posters too) assumed that it is a S$80/day allowance (on top of salary and accommodation provided). That's why I said it is more than sufficient for daily expenses on food, transport, entertainment.
It is of course not enough for all eventualities of life, luxuries, travel, providing for a family, and savings.

Yep guys you are right..this is apart from salary and acco !
I have now arrived in singapore .....would see what can I do all alone after office hours and weekend...

Hi, congratulations on your new job!
May I know what field you are currently working in?
Thanks for sharing.