New girl in Beijing!

Hello everyone,

I'm a German girl living in Beijing till the end of May. I've been here for 2 weeks now and am slowly getting used to living in the big city :) Now I'd love to make some new friends! Possibly some Germans, but I'm actually fine with anyone who can speak English well :P

Nessimon hi

we meet every Tuesday at 7.30pm. Join us!

We are a mix of foreigners and Chinese, Old and young, male and female.

This Tuesday (18 March 2014) we will be in the Zeta Bar (Hilton Beijing Liangma Qiao - near the German school)

Entrance fee 125RMB includes first drink

Hi Manlin,

thanks, I'll take you up on that offer!

:)

And that's how it's done.  I don't think I've ever seen this handled more efficiently.

Hailey, come and join us. We are currently enjoying blue skies and warm weather

We sure do, hope it stays like this on the weekend.

:) hello, i can't speak German at all, but would like to know you too. I do speak English. Do feel free to call me if you want to know more about Beijing as i have been residing here for 1 year plus. [Moderated: no free ad on the forum pls] Anikin here, at your service mdm.

Manlin wrote:

Hailey, come and join us. We are currently enjoying blue skies and warm weather

Beijing is a really long walk.

Nothing like a bit of exercise to rejuvenate the soul, bit from HK you might new soles

anyone up for a nice walk on Saturday , Nice weather....

email me [email protected]  (Moderated: Please do not leave your phone number on the forum)

HI, r u still in beijing, I m living in tianjin near by beijing if u heard of .so what do u do there?next week i will go to beijing hope to hang out in the eveing because i used to work twice a month in beijing as an eng teacher.

Dear Nessimon,
Hi, how are you? are you still in china? I live in Shenzhen.

Hi All,

Please note that some off topic posts were removed from this thread.

Thank you,

Hasnaa

My friend and I are coming to Beijing May 21 for a few days, will you still be around?

Rilly hi, yes I will still be here and if your stay includes a Tuesday why not join us and meet other Expat-Bloggers

Hasnaa wrote:

Hi All,

Please note that some off topic posts were removed from this thread.

Of course they were.  Heaven forbid people actually talk to each other around here.  We need to make the China forum as silent and desolate as a lot of the other forums.  A great way to do that is to delete conversations but leave the spam and troll posts.

Hailey you are 100% correct.

I suggest a word with Julien might also be a good idea.

you guys are so talktive :whistle:

Manlin wrote:

Hailey you are 100% correct.

I suggest a word with Julien might also be a good idea.

He's either too busy to notice that the new moderators are going out of their way to silence all conversation on this site, or something else.

traveltotibet wrote:

you guys are so talktive :whistle:

Not for long.  All conversation will soon be deleted.

Hi all,

We would like to give you some explanations about the off topic.

Please accept our apologies as it was simply a misunderstanding.

Some posts were removed from the discussion as we wanted the members to remain focus on the original title of the thread.

We are sorry for the inconvenience caused and in any case, we do not want to stop you from communicating.

Thank you for your understanding,

Hasnaa

I am a new member here and I am surprised by the moderating going on here. Is there a rule prescribing total blandness? Moderation is sometimes necessary to prevent trolling, but bona fide messages should be allowed.

On 26 March, I contributed some comments to the Accommodation Section of the Living in China Guide about some of the scams that foreign renters face in Beijing. To my surprise, my comments were moderated before being published — my first and last paragraphs were actually deleted!

The original text in the guide was written by someone who clearly neither understood the Chinese language, nor had lived here in Beijing. There were some elementary howlers, e.g. "Contracts are written in Mandarin".

Now there is a second text which is (if anything) worse: "Beijing is divided into several neighborhoods, namely Dongcheng, Xicheng, Chaoyang, Haidian, which are the most densely populated . . . . Other popular neighborhoods are Xinjiekou, Dongsi, Dongzhimen, Beixinqiao, etc."  The person who wrote that has not only never set foot in Beijing, he or she can't even read a map properly!

Who exactly is in charge of Expat.com? Some of the "team" appear to be in Mauritius. Why are they moderating China? I'm puzzled.

Skakagrall hi

welcome to Expat.com. I am not a Moderator and have no official position with Expat.com.

Your comments are to the point but I suggest that it might have been better to post them in a new thread.

I will copy and paste and post your message to someone who actually thinks before moderating and hopefully it will help.

I must admit that since I have my own life to lead and am not paid to post here I have not checked the accuracy of the information in the sections that you mention.

I have been in China since 1998 and Beijing since 2003.

The housing rental contracts are written in Chinese but, for the mid and high budgets a bilingual version is normally provided. Even in the bilingual version one of the final Clauses normally states that .. in case of discrepancy between the two version the Chinese version will prevail.

Or are you commenting on the fact that they used the word Mandarin instead of Chinese to express "hanzi"?

Re the second I agree ... them be mucho confused.

Manlin Hi and thanks,

I take your point about a new thread, however there are so few people here, and the problem with moderation had already been raised, so I thought I would step in.

Re: "are you commenting on the fact that they used the word Mandarin instead of Chinese to express "hanzi"?" Yes indeed. Contracts are obviously written in Chinese (usually with English as well).

Nothing is obvious to someone just off the boat.

I have had new assignees arrive expecting the contracts to be in English.

Hello there... I may support you if you are ok.

@Sanjeewa mahesh > please note that this is an old topic! Thank you

I wish I could move just for a bit to some other country, I think it's a great experience, but you have to look into so many things before moving and weight your decision

I am from Weifang China.
You could add me my Wechat: ***

Moderated by Bhavna 4 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum but rather exchanged through the private messaging system. Thank you
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct