Dependant Visa to Work Visa

Hi,

My wife has got a job in MOH. I have got the dependant visa since my wife works for MOH. Now i found a job in Riyadh, The company that i got selected for are looking for transferable iqama's. Is it possible that my dependant visa can be transferred to that company work visa? Please looking forward for your genuine replies.

Thanks.

It really depends on the company.  If they have connections, they can get it done.  Otherwise, you will have to go on final exit and come on their visa.  Have you asked the company?  Shouldn't you be asking this question to them?

Trapezius wrote:

It really depends on the company.  If they have connections, they can get it done.  Otherwise, you will have to go on final exit and come on their visa.  Have you asked the company?  Shouldn't you be asking this question to them?

My friend thank you for the reply, but as i said they are looking for transferable iqama's, so before confronting this to them i wanted to confirm if transfer is possible..

once again, thanks for the reply.

@imran, as trapezius said, you have to get a final exit or find a agent who can do that with money.
1. Now you are on dependant visa, that means you cannot work or do any kind of business in KSA.  So if you get any offer from any company here, you have to leave saudi and change your dependant visa to a work visa, then you can enter back in KSA. If things are so easy then everyone who bring their wives here with dependant visa, wont send then back to enter with work visa.
2. There are possibilities of things can be done through money and with good agent. It would cost some money, but you can try that. If that company insist they need transferable iqama, better give up and look for some other company, who can wait for you to enter with work visa.

Good luck.

Almost the same situation is with me. I am working as doctor in saudi arabia under sponsorship of a private company. My wife is also a doctor working in Pakistan.My company asks me to bring her on family visa
and they will give her job on family visa. There are some examples that doctors on family visas are working.  There are few female doctors working in my hospital who have no work visa. now i am confused what to do. But i am not sure whether it is legal or illegal. A doctor told me that for teachers and doctors it is acceptable. Is there anyone who can guide me and imran with proper real life examples?? one thing is obvious that change of sponsorship is also not that much easy job. One of my seniors is working in a big govt setup and he is on dependent visa of her wife. He has applied for change of sponsorship but 6 months have passed and his sponsorship is not yet changed.
Thanks in advance.

naeem.yousaf195 wrote:

But i am not sure whether it is legal or illegal. A doctor told me that for teachers and doctors it is acceptable.

It is illegal, always has been.  Until a few months ago, the authorities turned a blind eye to people working for those other than their sponsors, but since November, it is being enforced.

If you work when you are not supposed to, or work for a company other than the one sponsoring you, you are taking a big risk.  If and when the government inspectors come and check, you can get into big trouble, along with the other 2 parties involved.  Your sponsor and the company you are working for will be fined, and you will be deported.

If you are a good thief, you can steal as much as you can. But once you are caught then results would be different. Its illegal to work like that, as per the laws. So be careful for such things and dont let your people fall in trouble. If you feel you can manage then go ahead. Good Luck.

Thank you so much for your valuable comments respected trapezius and Suribhai.