English kindergarten schools

Hi all,
i am looking for English kindergarten for my 3 year old daughter. We are planning to send her to school from this September. Can you please recommend some good schools. I heard that some schools are really good and others are only for making money. But i dont know which ones are in the first category.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Vicci

You're right, it is a real problem in finding affordable English based Early Years kindergarten here, so many schools are charging an absolute fortune!

There is a school in District 2 called the Saigon Star International School that follows the British Curriculum and I hear it's very good and the fees are pretty sensible. If you search Google you should find them. They are fairly close to District 1, 2, 3, 4 and 7 from what I can see.

Best of luck.

As a follow up, I went to the Saigon Star International School Open Day on Saturday - it really is a great school and so affordable! Their fees for 2014-15 are less than 9,800USD for a year, for one child at Primary and less than 6,900USD for a child in Kindergarten. Their web address is www.saigonstarschool.edu.vn if you need more info.

Good Luck

BIS is the best

BIS has a very good reputation and is also a great school. It just depends on whether you have the money to send your child there for the extra ++ that a school of that size can provide.

BIS Fees for a 3 year old 2013-14:
U$150 Administration Fee to apply to the school for a place.
U$1000 Non-Refundable Registration Fee once your application has been accepted
U$9,140 Per Year Tuition Fee plus Transport, Meal and Day Trip Costs.

Saigon Star Fees for a 3 year old 2013-14:
U$0 Administration Fee to apply to the school for a place.
U$0 Non-Refundable Registration Fee once your application has been accepted
U$6,725 Per Year Tuition Fee plus Transport, Meal and Day Trip Costs.

BIS Fees for a 4 year old 2013-14:
U$150 Administration Fee to apply to the school for a place.
U$1000 Non-Refundable Registration Fee once your application has been accepted
U$13,770 Per Year Tuition Fee plus Transport, Meal and Day Trip Costs.

Saigon Star Fees for a 4 year old 2013-14:
U$0 Administration Fee to apply to the school for a place.
U$0 Non-Refundable Registration Fee once your application has been accepted
U$6,725 Per Year Tuition Fee plus Transport, Meal and Day Trip Costs.

By time you get to Primary (apart from the additional U$2000 Registration Fee BIS charges when upgrading to Primary) the difference in Fees is U$8,300 per year (U$17,700 BIS vs U$9,415 Saigon Star)

Both are 10mins from Estelle, Vista, Cantavil in D2, both 15mins from Saigon Pearl and The Manor in D1.

Agreed the schools are different entities regarding size, but that can have pros and cons.

I guess if you have the financial means, BIS has the kudos, but having met the staff at Saigon Star I wouldn't say they have anything less to offer a child.

I'm sure Vicci has checked this all out by now anyway