Funds Remittance Options...!!!

Hello & Assalam 0 Allaikum everyone,

My name is Sulman Sajid, an IT Engineer currently working in Sohar, Oman. I got a job offer in Tripoli, came to know about the security situation in Tripoli from different posts in this blog, thanks to the people sharing useful information.
I want to know about the options available in terms of Banking and funds transferring to countries like, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, UAE etc.
Which banks are operating in Tripoli, is online banking available? Especially International banking.
Any limitations on funds transfer to outside Libya?
Any other options available like Western Union, Money Gram, and Dollar East etc?

Will be waiting to have some useful information amount the subject

Thanks & Best Regards
Sulman

Hi sulman I dont live in tripoli so don't know the banks there but I think u can forget abt online banking or online payment of any kind from a libyan bank account. All u can do is pay in n withdraw cash.

To send money abroad u can use western union ull find a counter in almost every bank. Other similar companies exist but WU is the most popular.

Hope that helps
Jameela

yes western union is everywhere but its extremly difficult to send money abraod coz of the huge rush everyday ... besides there is a limit of 20 persons every western union...

Hey Sulman,

Just forget about net banking in Libya for a good 10-15 years if not more. The only options you have is WU or MG but even through these 2 you can only transfer a limit of 1000 USD per month. What people normally do is go to this guy in Dahra and he basically charges alot of commission and transfer any amount you want in which ever country.

Hope this helps!
Regards,
GM

Can I get the contact details of the guy in Dahra who is sending money to any country.

Hello,

you can contact me if you wish to transfer money from Dahra; perhaps it would be better to do so before Ramadan.
i would also suggest if you make the transfer as a group to save on commissions.
and its better to go as a single person making the transfer for everyone if it is towards the same country ( or one person representing each country ).

regards,

:lol:  @ laepng

Not even the underwear?
That's so funny.

Hah ! bad guys and good are everywhere not just in Libya !! so please say something true or stay silent ,,

Mohammed,
Some of us are quite naive and come from countries where a woman can walk alone very late at night without worrying.

Let his warning balance out the good comments on here, as some people truly won't have common sense regarding safety.

Good and bad is everywhere but to different extents.

I do think laepng could say it in a less angry way, and not make it seem like everyone is bad.

However, a couple Libyans have told me very similar things.
And sometimes expats are treated differently (sometimes better, sometimes worse), than others.
So a situation that may be harmless for you, may be a bad idea for expats.
In any case, everyone should be able to express their opinion here, good or bad.

Laepng, please do try to deliver your message with helpful details and in a bit more kind way so as not to be removed from this forum.

Again, thanks to all that contribute here.

Walekum Asalam

As of current situation, money transfer through Western Union is stopped for time being ( when I say TIME, I dont know for how long, not even any Libyan know at least here in Misurata. Hopefully will be resumed in Ramdan, not sure though). The only thing you can do is to convert it into USD in order to retain your currency rate.  (which is also not on market rate, say 1USD= 1.3 LYD normally, you will get Dollars on 1 USD=1.45 LYD )

As far as difficulty while sending money through western union is concerned, so yes it is almost impossible to send. But dont worry, you will find hundreds of people willing to send your money from their account after charging 10-30 dinars (varies).

The limit was 1000 USD per day (1300 LYD), but the funny thing is, you can only send 5000 USD in a YEAR.. :) so either send 1000 per day for 5 days continously or send 5000 in a year, its upto you.

Resst, there is no other method to send or recieve money.

Oh, I forgot one thing, you may use as many passport copies of different people as you want in order to send money ( may be your colleagues or even someone from other country too :P . YES, it works here, so technically speaking, there is NO limit to send the money.

Need any other information, contact me anytime

Regards,
Mohsin