Residency cards not married

Hi,

We are just about to apply for our e-residence cards, as me and my partner are not married have been asked to provide proof we have been living together for at least 2 years, does anybody know what would be excepted as proof of this?

Thanks
Gill

Hi Gill,

I'm not quite sure why they've asked you to provide something like that? Any EU citizen is entitled to e-residency, unless you are applying for a self sufficiency status. But even in this case I don't think you need to be married or to provide any proof of how long you've been together with your partner.
It's not like married couples never getting divorced or couples who have been together for several years never split. So, in my opinion and in my experience there shouldn't be anything like that, but maybe someone else here knows more about it. Me and my wife were never asked to provide our marriage certificate.

The Brazilian law have a situation where a couple can sign an official document and it's valid for this kind of situation.
This is the document that I have to prove the same condition with my wife.

Hi there! I found this for you:
Joint commitments, (such as joint bank accounts, investments, rent agreements, mortgage, life insurance policy naming the other partner as beneficiary etc);
Any official correspondence linking both partners to the same address, for example tenancy agreements, Council Tax, utility bills, Doctors records;
Any other evidence that adequately demonstrate the couple's long-term commitment to each other

Hi Gill,

having gone through the process myself I can say that if your partner is non-EU you will have to show that you have lived together in Malta for more than two years. That means that your partner has  been legally residing in Malta at your address ( best with a rental contract in both names) for more than two years.

If you are both from EU countries I don't understand why you are asking.

Cheers
Ricky