Shipping and custom

Hi,
As you all know by now I'm about to start a new adventure in Malta, I check some shipping company to ship some stuff from uk to Malta and they told me I need to pay the custom to clear my stuff once arrived, is this a procedure that everyone has to do it or they try to rip me off?

Thanks

There is no duty to pay on personal items shipped within the EU.
However there will be fees in Malta from the handling agent and bonded warehouse in Hal Far.
Find out from the shipping agent in advance how much these are.

Terry

This is the list of extra charges the Malta agent wanted, the actual amount will depend on size and number of the items
Shipped.

BOND CHARGES
DELIVERY ORDER FEE
HAL FAR THC
PORT CHARGES

Terry

Thanks for the help

I hope not and I don't think so. Our container is now en route and I hope that as it is EU like UK no customs will be paid for personal belongings brought in. I will let you know in about 3weeks time!

hi,let me know, could you please tell me which company did you use as i got some stuff to ship over?

Thanks

we used Hunts international. they seemed Ok but quoted me one price for a bike then it doubled later..... so far so good with the main shipment though and unless they ask for more money, they were cheaper than some and seemed professional this end.
The company is based in Redditch. Where are you?

Surrey

How much stuff have you got in approx. cubic metres and what were you quoted? You can pm me if youprefer

The price I paid to Abels was inclusive of all fees and unpacking etc.
There should be no taxes to pay.