Are there dog boarding kennels in the major cities?

Hi folks,  My plan was to move to Ecuador with my two perros and board them while I look for an apartment that takes. pets.  Please let me know if there are such boarding kennels in Quito or Cuence...or even Manta.  Also,  do buses let you put dogs in their carriers under the bus with the other luggage?  I'm not talking about the city buses, but the long distance ones.  Thanks so much.

Some bed and breakfasts allow dogs in your room.  Some hotels also allow dogs.   You would not want your dogs on the bus underneath, the exhaust would kill them.  We know a professional dog handler who has kennels in Quito if you are interested, please let me know.

Denise in Denver(quito really!)

Thanks Denise.  I would very much like to get in touch with that guy you spoke of that has the kennels.  Also, are you positive about the exhaust on buses leaking into the luggage area?  I thought exhaust pipes, whether above or below the bus, would take care of that.  However, if what you say is true, would taxis be the alternative for transporting dogs from one city to another?  Thanks again,  Eddie

Well, Denise, I'm still waiting for the info on the professional dog handler you mentioned.  I'd appreciate all the info you can get me.  Thanks.  Eddie

Hi Eddie,

You may find some info in the following websites:
- http://www.lordguau.com/hosteria
  This one is in spanish, but there is phone number for USA. They have "hosteria" service (boarding kennels) in Quito, Guayaquil and Cuenca.

- http://servicio.mercadolibre.com.ec/MEC … canino-_JM
This is located in Quito only.

I hope this may help you.

Thanks,  I too am looking fora dog kennels in Quito for boarding two dogs and would like to know the name of the person Denise knows boards dogs.

Are there any people who can help you get your dogs through customs? Does any one know any names the could pass on to me.

Anne in Georgia

If the dogs go as luggage or on board they do not go through customs.

Almost all veternarians board.  Call and setup arrangements.  Dogs in carriers or cats for that matter can go in taxis or buses and no one cares.  Under your seat or next to you.

Best attorney- one we used:  Dr. Moreno Didnoto, 3 offices.  And yes, get a 12-X before u come, it makes things easier.  Make sure the airport gives you the correct visa stamp.  If you have a professional degree Senescyt takes over 2 months to register it, even if you pay the national clearing house to prove it and include it.  Dr. Moreno did this for us.  He can open bank accounts, etc.  They have formal offices in Quito at the World Trade Center.

Thanks for your information.