Living cost for a normal couple

Hi there!
I'm married, and i'm considering the opportunity to live in Malta!
We have no children, and we are looking for living cost, for normal conditions/living (no luxury, just normal).

In General, i've made calculation as below:

Nr    Description                                    Value
1    House Rent                                    350
2    Electricity+Water+Internet                    120
3    Food                                        900
4    Transport                                             60
5    Personals                                             70
6    Coffe                                        120
7    Mobile phone calls                                 30
8    Others                                        100

Total per month                                1,780 €

Is there missing/incorrect from my calculation?
let me know with your suggestion!
Regards!

Hi!
Depending where you live I would suggest to increase costs for an apartment to around 400-500,- ... and even higher if you really want to rent a house and reduce cost for utilities to 80-100,-
900,- for buying food for 2 persons is possible, but can be reduced to let's say 500,- and still keep a descent lifestyle  ;)
How much coffee do you drink each month? 120,- is quite a lot ...

Hi Mat!
Thank you for your suggestion!
The coffee, i've calculated like this:
2 persons * 1 coffee/day/person * 30 days * 2 Euro/Coffe = 2*1*30*2=120Euro.
What else you could suggest? is something i'm totally missing?
Regards!

It really depends on what is necessary for you in life  :)
Spending a nice evening in a good restaurant with an exquisit 4-course-meal, a bottle of red wine and a coffee at the end can sum up to 80 or 100,- for 2 persons.

At home we drink Nespresso Dolce Gusto, expensive, indeed, but we like it.
16 caps cost about 5,- we drink around 4 per day makes 40,- per month
In a Cafe' you pay between 1 - 1.50,- for a cappucino and about 0.80 for an americano.

Transport depends on the "means of transport", ie. public bus or own car.
For my car, scooter and 2 motorcycles together I pay around 60,- per month (ins+tax) + petrol ... you only have to take care "what" you buy  ;)
Don't know the bus fares since I quit this "service" 3 weeks after my arrival in Malta  :mad:

You should not forget to consider the costs for one-time purchases like car, furniture, kitchen equipment, washing maschine, tv etc. and also other expenses like clothes, restaurant, flight tickets, repairs etc.

In general I would say a budget of 1.500,- per month is a good base for 2 persons.
OK, other people pay 3000,- only for their penthouse or 50.000,- for their car ... but that's another story ...

HI matm911 again!
With transport, i've calculated monthly payment for 2 persons for monthly pass...so to travel with bus>
I could use motors also...
I'm asking because i've a job opportunity, but i've to know before how the cost living is there!
So, if you think that 1,500 Euro/month is good for two persons, this is a good information.
What about an average month salary in IT or Finance/bank....do you have any information?
Regards!

Depending on the position within this sector and the working hours (shift or office hours), entry level as skilled IT technician is about 15.000 per year, but can also be 20.000 or higher if you have more responsibility and extended knowledge.
Good software developers with experience in gaming industry can even earn 30.000 or more ... but do not expect to get a job immediately after you arrived in Malta, since recruiting processes here can take some time. Better to find any job beforehand which brings you to Malta ... and then seach for better opportunities  :D

health insurance ?
holidays ?

Gas bottles in winter months for heating say mid.end Nov to late march 1-2 bottles per 10 days @ €19.20 per 12kg bottle