Job Offer - Riyadh and Dubai

Just got an offer both from Riyadh (20K SAR) and Dubai (17.5K Dhms). Both offers are gross salary.
Still can't decide which one to choose as both cities are completely different in terms of cost of living and social life.

I plan not to bring my family with me.

Your thought guys please.

if you want to save money then choose saudi, leave all the fun behind and can save lot of money. If you dont care to save money and wanna have free life, then choose dubai. Dubai is expensive compared to saudi, but also have free life and freedom to do many things. So choose what you want.

Considering the lum sum, Saudi package seems like double since Life in dubai is much more expensive expecially accommodation.

Cost of living in Saudi is much cheaper than Dubai. It is your choice.

Thanks guys for the replies... I'm already leaning to choose Riyadh but my only concern right now is how to deal with the "boredom" once I get there..

Hmmm which to choose, prison or vacation ?,,,,tricky one

It really irks me when people with their small minds start replying and plaguing inquisitive minds.

rareshine wrote:

It really irks me when people with their small minds start replying and plaguing inquisitive minds.

What/who are you referring to?

@rareshine, What do you mean by your reply? I guess none of them used any indecent words in their replies, so can you plz help us to understand.

@Dubliner1967, yeah need to show the comparison,  Can save lot of money during prison life in saudi, but cant save or save less, while honeymoon in dubai. hehehehe

I don't think that living in Riyadh can cause boredom ! or can called a prison life !
Other than the very hot weather, I believe that the foreigners are living a luxury life here in Riyadh - especially who are living in the compounds - comparing to their life level in their countries.

If you don't like to live here, why you bear the trouble of moving to this BORING country as you think.

Believe me there are so many good places here in Riyadh and so many activities, just explore them before judging.
Good luck for all of you!

iAmal wrote:

I don't think that living in Riyadh can cause boredom ! or can called a prison life !

Well, some/many people obviously think so.  No one should be able to decide what everybody should or should not feel  in any given situation.

@iAmal, when majority of the people say that, they have tough life here for freedom or fun, then we have to agree with that. Yeah there are few people here with high salary, living with family wont have such tough life, coz they are happy with what they have. So we cannot say everyone has same kind of life or the life of people living in compounds.  Overall I gave my opinion and hope others also will give theirs....

Life is not always perfect. You give some you gain some...people make their own choices. I agree.

For me, it is a matter of priorities you have...

If your priority is money or financial consideration, I think it would be advisable for you to chose Riyadh. Considering that the cost of living here in Riyadh is considerably low.

And, if you're after the job satisfaction or nature of your job, although you failed to mention it, this should also be considered. Because if you have high salary pay and you didn't enjoy/like your job, I think it would be a disaster.

Lastly, the culture, it is more strict here in Riyadh compared with Dubai, Dubai is an open City, you have more of freedom there. You can enjoy wine, night life, places, etc.

So, it's up to you to decide..  :D:top:  and please let us know your decision..

Trapezius wrote:

Well, some/many people obviously think so.  No one should be able to decide what everybody should or should not feel  in any given situation.

suribhai wrote:

@iAmal, when majority of the people say that, they have tough life here for freedom or fun, then we have to agree with that. Yeah there are few people here with high salary, living with family wont have such tough life, coz they are happy with what they have. So we cannot say everyone has same kind of life or the life of people living in compounds.  Overall I gave my opinion and hope others also will give theirs....

I've just expressed my opinion and I surely respect everyone's opinions
Yes, each person has different priorities and requirements.
I wish you all good luck and happy life

BTW, Riyadh is not much cheaper these days....weigh your freedom of life/prevailing civic sense against savings....and you will have your answer. Riyadh is a very dull place with a lot of crazy traffic.

Yeah riyadh is not cheaper anymore, but compared to other countries in middle east, you can save a lot here. Rent, food, taxi is way cheaper than other GCC countries. So rather loosing all better saving some hehehe...

20K SAR is a big money, by the way, what work will it be? if you have decided to go to Dubai, please let us know what job offer is the 20k SAR so i can apply for it... lol

I've been here for 2 years and four months. Visit my Facebook page "lens and apertures" then judge from the images I just took here in Riyadh? As for me, just give me a laptop and a stable internet connection, I good, boredom gone. lol

Must say, have been in Saudi for almost 3 years with my wife. Whether you are in Dubai or Saudi you are not home. Our attitude from the outset is to make the best of it!! You will always find people you would like to be associated with, and then life is fine!!! Consider type of job with challenges and base your decision not puerly on the palce...and arrive here with the right frame of mind!!!

Good luck

Going to be honest, i'm 23, and boredom i find comes easy to people of my age yet i am hardly bored. tho living in a compound does make it easier. You certainly can have a lot of fun here, prices are reasonable and even if you spend a fair bit going out having meals, ironically not being able to spend money on alcohol saves a lot of money.
Working in Riyadh is better i'd say, easier to save money and the important thing to think is the climate Riyadh is dry, so you will not suffer as much in the heat as you would in Dubai.
If you do want to enjoy a drink you can always make a trip to Dubai or Bahrain. this makes a weekend different. but i recommend Riyadh.
Most important thing to consider is the work ethic and the company you will apply for, in KSA i find there are a number of unprofessional acting companies and so working with them can be highly frustrating, not certain about Dubai but i hope you take that into consideration.