Which city do you think better to live Jeddah or Dammam ?

Which city do you think better to live Jeddah or Dammam ?

Better live here in Riyadh. Have a good day!  :)

Jeddah - especially if you are female since it is a little more relaxed. Don't have to have your head covered or wear a black abaya if you are an expat.

i believe they are much more open in dammam rather than in jeddah (as i've heard with some of my friends and read on the internet) specially in al-khobar where a lot of AMERICAN EXPATS are residing, i've heard women are not forced into abaya anymore. :) well much better to hear it directly from our friends in dammam :)

But on the other side, wherever you'll be the 2 cities is much more open than the other major cities of KSA so it's a win,win situation for you :) goodluck!

I lived in both. Both cities are great place for expats. Jeddah is cheaper than Dammam. The weather in Dammam can get very very humid or very very hot but in Jeddah it is normal most of the time. The infrastructure in Dammam is better than Jeddah. Let me know if you need more info.

Also Dammam and around areas I know that an open cities means no need to wear abayah there

I prefer Dammam, I don't know why but I went to Jeddah for a week and its ok and nice to see but I just prefer Riyadh and Dammam as Jeddah feels kind of run down, busy, closed city with old buildings...the others are more open cities.. greener I mean :)
I live in Riyadh and love the city, its beautiful :)

Dammam is good too, small, cleaned, organized but still Jeddah is Jeddah :)
If you are a Muslim you are very close to holy places in Jeddah and you have more events in Jeddah etc, and as Juniorking said weather is also very nice and bearable throughout the year and much cheaper than Dammam.

Jeddah's weather is terrible throughout the year but Jeddah itself is way better than riyad and the rest of Saudi cities

stressedmom wrote:

Jeddah - especially if you are female since it is a little more relaxed. Don't have to have your head covered or wear a black abaya if you are an expat.

Dammam is the same in that regard.

Surely it depends on what you want from where you live?

If your a conservative then perhaps Riyadh is the place to be.

For me I dont believe that a woman should be forced to wear the head scarf but I think wearing the abaya is a good thing. Although stressedmom said you dont have to wear abaya in Jeddah, I dont think I have seen anyone not wear it.

From what everyone has said about Dammam it doesnt sound like its for me!

i'll support Jeddah........ Jeddah is far better than dammam in terms of its infrastructure, quality of life, socializing with friends, more educational opportunities for your kids,better opportunities of jobs and many other factors.

In short my vote goes to one and only Jeddah

Folks!

I have lived and done business in all the three major cities of Saudi. They all are well balanced but my vote will be for Jeddah as it has the best weather and cheaper living expenses. Also if you are a Muslim, Jeddah will be an hour drive from Makkah which adds an extra value to it.

Best Regards!
Engr. Muhammad - M.K.H Consultancy Services

Jeddah..... never been to the other cities... :lol:

For me its better to live in Dammam than Jeddah, Why?

Jeddah, Khamis Mushayt, and Riyadh, becoming congested with traffic.

Better to live in small cities like Dawadimi.

Is dammam an open city?

define 'open'?

rareshine wrote:

define 'open'?

:dumbom: Open means western Open liberal like US & other european cities  :|