Dietary Requirements

I really just need some advice. I've visited Sharm El Sheikh on 9 occasions, all holiday's, the most recent being last week. I've promised my daughter and her husband that I'll take them on holiday this year with our two young grandsons and have booked to stay at the Hilton Sharm Waterfalls, where we stayed last week. My problem is that our 2-year old grandson needs a lactose free diet as cow's milk products make him extremely ill. Can I buy lactose free milk, as his morning and night time bottle appears to be the issue, as most other things we can cope with. If it is available can anyone suggest where. Many thanks.

Try to check on carrefour may be they have.

carrefour.com.eg/stores.aspx?SId=9

good luck

Many thanks Kareemp

Hi, I can check in Carrefour here in Naama Bay for you when I next go shopping if you like, their website isnt the easiest to find things on . I go at least once or twice a week. Can also ask a pharmacist friend. Just let me know if you need me to
Best Wishes
angie

That would be so kind. I did email them but received no reply.

Thank you

No problem at all. Will let you know asap

Hi Angie

Did you have any luck finding it?

Regards

Ian

Hi Ian sorry it has taken me a while to get back to you. I asked at Carrefour and the response has been the same each time, they sell  Alpro soya milk . I am not sutre that really answers your question but its the best I can get from them. Sorry I didnt get any real clear reply for you
Best wishes
Angie

Hi
no there is no lactose free milk here in Egypt.
one producer placed it in the market about 18 months ago - but it didn't sell so they stopped producing it.
and working in the food / dairy industry as I do here - I wouldn't trust any claims such as this for any food product actually made in Egypt

Thanks Biffy, I asked repeatedly at both carrefour stores here in Sharm in the last few weeks and got nowhere really . They always just pointed me to the alpro soya milk.

Hi Angie & Biffy

Thanks for looking into this for me, it looks like it was no easier doing this from within Egypt than I could here in the UK.

I'll let my daughter know and we'll have to look at what the options are.

Thanks again.

Ian