Question?

Hello everyone,

I would like to ask you, do doctors who are not Turkish citizens, can to open a private practice and under which conditions?

Thank you in advance!

Regards!

Hi,

When you apply for a work visa in Turkey there are some professions banned to Non-Turkish citizens. I pulled the information below from the Turkish Embassy website in the UK:

Occupations banned to foreigners

Diving, maritime navigation, working on ships, extracting  wreckage, exportation of fish, other sea creatures, sand and pebbles
Mining
Working as executive director in travel agencies
Professional occupations:  midwife, dentist, vet,  career, pharmacist, optician, executive director in hospitals, judge, lawyer, prosecutor, security guard, notary.

I think this is a question you probably need to ask the Turkish authorities....seems to be a bit of a grey area law. Are you a executive director if you start you own practice/hospital? Pass :)

Hello,

Thank you for your response.To be honest looking for a way to move to Turkey.For now exploring ways to realize it.My husband is a general practitioner I am a lab. technician currently working in Libya.
So I came up with the idea of opening a private practice, if we do not find a job in one of clinics or hospital in Turkey,because he knows turkish language, spoken and written.
I agree with you, that the opening of private practice, should be contact the authorities in Turkey, but for now, I am still informally informed and of course, I think of all the possibilities.

Thanks again!

Best regards,
Lola    :cheers: