Possible relocation to o Brunei

Hi,

My husband has a job opportunity in Brunei and since I am going to be I stay at home mom I would like to know how is the internet service (skipe and FaceTime); I have read that internet there is very slow and telephone companies are a bit expensive.
Also any information regarding life in Brunei.

Thanks.

Hi there!  Living in Brunei requires alot of learning, adjusting to the environment and respecting the religion and citizens and having lots of patience.  Yes, communication relating to phone and internet services can be troublesome as it's not the latest technology and the service can be slow.  Even the TV network which is classified as cable network fails when it rains!  There is no nightlife here and the good thing is the weather.... it is always sunny but can be extremely hot and humid.  Live seafood is readily available in the grocery store and wet markets and they are cheap. Dining out is easy too as there are many restaurants and affordable eateries.  If you are a housewife with no kids like me, keep yourself busy with outdoor activities like tracking and hiking in the many parks here and have a passion for reading.  If you get bored, drive across the borders which are only one to one and a half hours across into Malaysia.  There is where you can have all the fun you require!  Just to share with you that Brunei is implementing Syariah Law in April and it will be introduced in phases!

Nothing much in Brunei besides lots of cars.

Relaxing life and for sure you will have plenty of time with your family in house (without going to Malaysia) as not much entertainment in Brunei and it usually traffic congested on the way to Malaysia during the weekend. I used to live in Brunei for a year and I feel lazy to come out during the weekend due to above situation.