Services and Social Life in LaPalma and Buraidah

I've been offered a job in Buraidah with accommodation provided in LaPalma compound and I'm curious about the social life for expats in Buraidah. Any one here living in LaPalma?

I heard the locals are not very friendly towards westerners. I lived and worked in Riyadh 10 years ago (I taught English then) and that certainly wasn't the case so I was wondering how different the 'Buraidains' are (some examples would be great).

I was also wondering how life is/was like in La Palma (specially the internet) I heard the connection isn't consistent/ wifi signal is weak in the apartments? Is that correct? If so , what are the alternatives?

Also what's the social life like in La Palma? what are the demographics? how many people live there? Are there alot of families  and/or kids?

Many thanks in advance,
Waleed

wow, ur lucky..La Palma is an upscale neighborhood, w/ at  least 230 units luxury resedential villas and it is fully furnished so you do not have to bring anything once you fly from christchurh. just brin along w/ you your passport and favorite clothes and personal effects. it is complete w/ amenities , and of course most of the prominent saudis and expats are residing in this village, the garden is well manicured w/ 24 hrs security.

browse this site to see the pictures of BURAIDAH  skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1469769  TRY TO be a member also to their facebook account, there you will be able to chat with the local resident. 

LaPalma Villages Compound - About | Facebook
  good luck.....

:/

Thanks UDAY for the facebook and the photos links - very useful. I was wondering if there was a facebook page but wasn't able to locate one myself. So thanks again.

Did you live there yourself? How's the internet service there? My induction document said it was "intermittent" so I was wondering how effective it actually is.

Cheers,
Waleed

Hey Waleed, Did you manage to find out any information about this place and did you decide to move? I'm moving here in August and would appreciate any tips.

Laura

I have recently moved to Qassim and would like to build a larger social network than what I have at the moment, as I'm working in a remote, small town. If anyone's in the area and would like to meet up some time please give me a shout!

C.