Salary

Hi,

I got an opportunity in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia. And they offered me 12,000/- SAR per month. Is this salary is sufficient to live with family (2 kids) ?

Kindly give suggestions.

Thanks
K

Hi karim.mohd,

Welcome to Expat.com :)

As you were off topic, i created a new topic with your post on the Riyadh forum. It will help to bring more light to your question as well. :)

Thank you,

Priscilla
Expat.com team

Its always good to mention how old r ur kids and how much experience you have in which area. Coz some people also may advice you weather this package is reasonable or not. For a couple with small kids this is enough and can save 5-7K a month. In other cases am not sure.

Thanks for your response Suri.

I have total of 9 + yrs of experience as Storage Admin.

And my kids of ages 4 yrs and 2 yrs.

you can easily save 5-7K as i mentioned earlier, but for your job other expats can help you weather the amount you accepting is reasonable or not. One more thing i wanna say, do not accept any agreement that is done verbally, unless you sign the contract and you get the copy of it, dont accept the offer or come to saudi. Recently heard many stories from different people getting cheated with package once they are here. Rest everything would be fine with life here.

It depends on how you want to live. You can either save or overrun your budget. 12k is a decent income based on up to 30k per year for housing and up to 30k per year for schooling of your two kids.

By the way, your salary seems to be on the lower side as you have mentioned you have over 9 years of experience as a storage admin.

Our company may be able to offer more money than that.  Which country are you in currently?  Can you send me your resume for me to review?

It depend on what was your previous salary in your own home country.  I will say for all the sacrifice, you must earn at least twice what you get in you own home country unless they are no chances of getting job in your country.  Yes food is cheap but schoool is expensive especially British and American syllabus.  When i was in Riyad 2011, they were in the region of SAR 60 000.  I had three kids and factoring that they will buy me return flight once per year and i also wanted to go home with my family at least twice per year, for me it was not a good option althooough i was earning more than double you were getting.

Hi i am balaji , i got a similiar offer for Riyadh for 12000 SR and planning to bring my wife to saudi , Once i get Iqama ,
i want to know about rental expense , utilites expense and food allowance for a couple in riyadh per month ?
and Want to know about IQAMA charges per year /person ?

Hello Mr Balaji, there are several other post mentioned about cost of living and housing in this blog, so kindly have a look, coz here its been asked so many times that people dosent want to reply to same question again and again. if you have any questions for asking suggestions feel free to ask. Thank you, good day.

please give me your email-id.

ChanPark wrote:

Our company may be able to offer more money than that.  Which country are you in currently?  Can you send me your resume for me to review?

@chanpark.. please give me your email-id

Hello Mr Karim, Please mention the name of the person to whom you are asking the email ID, to be more clear. Also you can send them personnel message in their inbox for more details, Good Day.

[email protected]  Thank you.