Best place to live near (or commute to) Edgewood, MD

Hello all,
I have a professional opportunity of moving to the US to work in the Edgewood, MD area. Which cities in the area would you recommend? It will be me, my wife and my 6 year-old son.
I have started checking Townson, Lutherville-Timonium, Bel Air...

Thank you so much!

Bel Air is nice.  There's a La-Z-Boy store in the mall.

Thanks Hailey" Would you have some info about schools in the region?

None whatsoever.  I hear Johns Hopkins is nice.

Thanks again!

The most famous place in Md is Chevy Chase.

Thank you mugtech. I have experienced the traffic in the area just a little bit - would it a reasonable commute to Edgewood?

He's kidding about Chevy Chase.  You definitely don't want to drive to Edgewood from there.  The Beltway alone would take forever.

If you son at 6 can get into Johns Hopkins he is one smart kid, seeing as how it's a College, and also there is Johns Hopkins Hospital.

If you want closeness to work then stick in the Bel Air, or White Marsh area. They will be the closest to Edgewood. Lutherville, and Lutherville Timonium are nice, but a bit further away.

You're son will go to what ever school is nearest to where you move, that is if he goes to public school. Don't think there is really any major problems, or concerns with schooling in any of the areas you mentioned. If you choose a private school there is a multitude to choose from.

Thanks! I have heard about Bel Air from different sources - also because of the high ranked public schools there. Besides the (obvious) geography, would you have any comments about choosing Bel Air North x South?

Thanks again!

ick wrote:

Thanks! I have heard about Bel Air from different sources - also because of the high ranked public schools there. Besides the (obvious) geography, would you have any comments about choosing Bel Air North x South?

Thanks again!

Either one is fine. Think Bel Air North has a slightly higher average household median income, but isn't like one is the safe rich part, and the other is the poor crime ridden part. Both are nice, and resteraunts, grocery stores, shopping stores, etc. are all right in both areas. Have a look around both, and see if something fits what you, and family are looking for.

Crystal clear - thank you so much!!

One place you must check out if you go to MD is Chevy Chase