Why do moderators arbitrarily delete a thread?

Two very well read threads have disapeared today. Reading through was very entertaining regardless of an opinion. Perhaps the moderators could treat us kindly and be honest as to why they deleted a particular thread. Thought police (F451) should be a litlle more respectful of the participants differences. Surely the site could archive some popular or controversial topics.

Hello,

which threads are you talking about ?  The mods should have sent you a pm or something. I will investigate.

What I am sure about is that they don't act "arbitrarily"; there is always a reason.

Julien wrote:

Hello,

which threads are you talking about ?  The mods should have sent you a pm or something. I will investigate.

What I am sure about is that they don't act "arbitrarily"; there is always a reason.

I apologize Julien! For some reason we have a Saigon and a Ho Chi Minh site. I thought each would have the same comments. Not so. So when I went to the "other" city site I found the threads I thought had been deleted.

This is not but kissing - but I really enjoy these forums - ok - a peck on the cheek.

Threads in one city should all be visible from a higher level.  If I go to Vietnam I should be able to see threads from every city in the VN forum.  How could it possibly be otherwise?  That's how hierarchies work.